Aperture 2 from Apple is a complete photo management and editing suite for OS X. Aperture is aimed at professional photographers, as it gives pros a complete digital workflow application. You'll be able to organize, edit, and export photos, all from within Aperture. The application features a streamlined interface, .Mac integration, and a plethora of output options. It is an essential tool for professional photographers working in the digital age.
- Intuitive User Interface
- Aperture features a streamlined user interface. Its all-in-one inspector gives you Project, Metadata, and Adjustment panes in a single tabbed view. You can even skim images to quickly locate a particular photo. Aperture lets you easily transition from iPhoto, as it can access the entire iPhoto library with ease.
- Superlative Performance
- The software features quick response and image editing, even when working on large files. The Quick Preview feature allows you to fly through photos, rating and editing them as you browse. You can even create custom keyboard shortcuts to help speed up your workflow.
- Enhanced Image Processing
- Aperture's RAW processing engine delivers superlative image quality. It features amazing color fidelity, increased shadow detail, reduced noise, and advanced highlight recovery. You can even use it to pull back "blown" highlights using the Recovery tool! Of course, all edits are completely nondestructive; the "undo" possibilities are endless.
- Mac Integration
- The software is designed to work with your Mac and other devices from Apple. It supports web galleries via the .Mac service, allows you to order prints online directly from the software, and will allow you to view photos on an iPhone, iPod touch, or Apple TV!