The advent of affordable, high-quality bass reproduction is at your fingertips with the Velodyne DEQ-8R Digital EQ Subwoofer. Designed and built with both home theater pundits and home audio enthusiasts in mind, this self-powered compact subwoofer combines unsurpassed clarity and functionality by incorporating Efficient "Green" Digital Amplification, Distortion Limiting System, and DSP digital control technologies. It features an active 8" front-firing reinforced fiber cone, dual layer copper voice coil, 40 oz magnet structure, and 180W RMS/360W peak power Class D amplifier. This powerful design enables it to reproduce the tightest "punch" at the highest sound levels in its class.
Moreover, this dynamic subwoofer will take your audio listening experience to a whole new level. The DEQ-8R offers an adjustable low-pass crossover, high-pass crossover, 17 - 240Hz frequency response, gold-plated RCA line-level inputs, RCA line-level outputs, LFE input, and speaker-level inputs/outputs with 5-way binding posts. Enjoy the convenience of (4) customized listening modes, one-touch 5-Band EQ room correction system, intuitive front-panel LCD display, Auto Turn On function, IR remote compatibility, and Night Mode function for conscience minded night time listeners.
It features a black ash finish, black glass trim, and compact cube-style design that are sure to enhance your room's decor. Simply put, the Velodyne DEQ-8R is an ideal solution for home theater, whole house audio systems, and anywhere high quality, powerful bass projection is required.
- Distortion Limiting System
- Designed with Velodyne's distortion limiting technology; this subwoofer is capable of reproducing well defined bass tones that will enhance the overall sound value of any soundtrack with lower distortion. It is an active, signal based system that assures linear cone movement and controls the driver's frequency and distortion characteristics.
- Energy Efficient Class D Amplification
- It features reliable Class D Efficient "Green" Digital Amplification with 180W RMS/360W peak power. Because of the high efficiency of its design (over 95%), it's capable of reproducing exceptional sound quality, and clarity in every audible detail without wasting valuable energy.
- 8" Reinforced Fiber Cone Driver
- Its forward-firing, 8" reinforced fiber cone driver features a vented pole piece, and a 6.3" piston. It uses an overhung voice coil and large excursion suspension to produce higher sound pressure levels (SPL) with lower distortion. The end result is clear, well defined bass tones that will enhance the overall sound value of any soundtrack.
- Dual-Layer Copper Voice Coil
- Developed with a dual-layer copper voice coil, this subwoofer assures linear travel and allows for heat dissipation throughout the enclosure.
- Room Bass Correction
- It features Room Bass Correction with a 5-band internal parametric equalizer, which is an advanced metering system that uses a small calibrated microphone (included) to analyze room acoustics for the proper balance of the low-frequency output of your subwoofer. With a single push of the EQ button, it automatically adjusts the subwoofer output to match the surrounding environment.
- DSP Controlled
- Built with DSP technology to digitally configure the output parameters and equalization, the DEQ-8R is capable of delivering a full, clear, and tight low-frequency response - superior to any analog system.
- Superb Low-Frequency Response
- With a frequency response of 17 - 240Hz, this subwoofer offers a full range of low-frequencies with the capability of reproducing a very tight bass-response throughout your home theater.
- Slot-Loaded Cabinet Design
- The slot-loaded bass-reflex enclosure is designed to match the parameters of its woofer to maximize performance. It offers the ability to reduce distortion, known as "port noise", at the bottom of the frequency range.
- Variable Phase Control Switching
- The phase switch determines whether the subwoofer speaker's piston-like action moves in and out with the main speakers. Proper phase adjustment depends on several variables such as room size, subwoofer placement and listener position. Adjust the phase switch to maximize bass output at the listening position; it offers 0°, 90°, 180°, and 270° adjustments.
- Features and Controls
- This subwoofer offers gold-plated line level RCA inputs and outputs, speaker level inputs and outputs, LFE input, variable volume control with digital LED readout, over-excursion protection, adjustable (40 - 120Hz/12dB octave, 24dB ultimate) low-pass crossover, (4) selectable preset modes for customized listening (Movies, R&B-Rock, Jazz-Classical, Games), and signal sensing (auto turn on/off).
- Convenient IR Input
- Use the IR input connection when using a third-party infrared remote sensor (i.e., Xantech) on an extended cable for placement closer to your other remote controlled components.
- Stylish Design
- Its stylish design will complement the newest flat-screen Plasma and LCD TVs in your home theater set-up. The DEQ-8R is a well-constructed subwoofer that's finished off in a black ash.
- Full-Feature Remote Control
- Included with this unit is a full-feature remote control capable of executing multiple commands on the DEQ-8R from any angle up to ±30°. Enjoy the ability to adjust the output volume, correct phase, (4) user presets, LED on/off, and easily adjust the bass output for night listening with "Night Mode.