The 1:5 HDD Cruiser Hard Disk Drive Sanitizer and Duplicator from Aleratec is a standalone device that can be used to copy or erase SATA hard disk drives. The unit features a sanitizer function, which can permanently erase data from up to 6 disks at once. Its Secure Erase function is up to 90% faster than traditional overwrite methods.
Users who would prefer to use traditional overwrite methods to erase data will be happy to discover that the unit offers three methods -- a one-pass wipe, a three-pass wipe with verification, and a seven-pass wipe that meets Department of Defense standards. Proper hard drive sanitization is essential for compliance with FACTA, GLB, HIPAA, Sarbanes-Oxley, and other governmental regulations.
The HDD Cruiser also features a duplicator function, which can be used to simultaneously create 5 copies from a single master disk. It is compatible with 3.5" SATA hard disk drives; an optional adapter to mount 2.5" drives is available. Each of its bays features non-scratch SATA connectors rated for 50,000 swap cycles.
- Standalone operation
- Create up to 5 copies of a single hard disk at a time
- Duplicates 3.5" drives at 40MB/sec -- about 80 minutes for a 160GB drive
- No drive trays required: simply slide 3.5" drives into the enclosure
- Compatible with 2.5" adapters via an optional adapter
- Sanitize data from 6 hard drives simultaneously, using government recommendations for data removal -- it only takes about 40 minutes to sanitize a drive when using Secure Erase
- Boasts quick load drive doors with NSS connectors rated to 50,000 swap cycles
- Fast Copy functions speeds up process by only copying relevant data -- it is compatible with FAT, FAT32, NTFS, Ext2, Ext3, and HFS file systems