The Sea & Sea DX-1200HD Underwater Digital Camera is actually a kit that includes a Sea & Sea housing that is rated to a depth of 147' (45 m), along with the Sea & Sea DX-1200HD camera. The camera is well suited to shoot digital stills and HD video underwater. Of course, the camera is also ideal for snorkeling, surfing, skiing, fishing, sailing, or even certain industrial situations.
The camera features a large 3" LCD screen. This makes framing underwater easy and fun. Since the camera has exposure compensation functions you have some control balancing the available light to strobe light. These features along with macro capability of 3.9" makes the DX-1200HD a good choice for underwater imaging, at a reasonable price.
The Sea & Sea DX-1200HD housing allows access to all camera functions underwater. The camera is part of a system that includes strobes and a wide-angle conversion lens. The system will nurture your creativity and allow expansion of your underwater photography skills.
- All functions of the DX-1200HD camera are available underwater
- Wide-angle conversion lens can be directly attached to the housing with a specially designed bayonet mount
- When you turn the retractable cable socket lever, the fiber-optic cable socket slides and is aligned with the built-in flash
- Strong yet compact housing that's rated to a depth of 147' (45 m)
- Comes with an LCD monitor hood to improve LCD visibility
- Shoot HD video up to 1280 x 720 pixels at 30 frames/second (30 fps)
- 12.19 million effective pixels in a 1/1.72" primary color CCD
- A large 3" TFT liquid crystal monitor in a compact, lightweight camera body
- 3x Optical zoom lens, 35-102mm equivalent
- Features SEA & SEA mode, this will optimize still images
- Several White Balance settings available (Auto, Daylight, Cloudy, Fluorescent, Tungsten, Sunset, Custom)
- Exposure compensation function (+/-2EV in 0.5EV steps)