The X-Rack E Series EQ Module, X425 from Solid State Logic is a 4-band EQ module that requires the use of an X-Rack or Mynx enclosure. Designed for users of Digital Audio Workstations and other audio/post applications, the EQ can be combined with any number of other modules to achieve a scalable system that features the legendary SSL sonic signature.
Over the years, the original 4000E series console EQs went through various incarnations. The X-Rack E Series EQ features two of the most popular versions, the "Brown-02" and the "Black-242". A front-panel switch enables either one or the other. The main differences in the two versions are that the "Black" version has a wider Q range along with greater boost and cut as compared to the "Brown".
Note! Module requires an X-Rack or Mynx chassis to function
- 4-band EQ module for SSL's X-Rack system
- Based on the 611E channel strip found in the various incarnations of the legendary SSL 4000 E Series consoles
- Features both the original smooth "Brown" EQ response characteristics and the later, sharper "Black" response curves (globally switchable for all 4-bands)
- Low-mid and high-mid frequency bands are fully parametric with adjustable Q
- Bell curve option available on the high- and low-frequency bands