The 13" MacBook Notebook Computer from Apple is a portable Macintosh computer, in a glass and aluminum form factor. It ships with Apple's iLife '09 suite, making it a great option for use in home and school.
The computer's 13.3" glossy widescreen display features a resolution of 1280 x 800, ideal for photographers working on the go, or for video editors cutting 720p video. It is powered by an Intel Core 2 Duo processor, includes 2GB of RAM, and features 802.11n Airport Extreme Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and the SuperDrive DVD burner. The 160GB 5400rpm hard drive provides ample storage space. All this hardware runs on Apple's Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard operating system.
- Intel Core 2 Duo processor delivers superior performance
- 13.3" glossy LCD display features a native resolution of 1280 x 800 and an energy-efficient LED backlight
- Aluminum unibody notebook is cut from a single block of aluminum by space-age CNC milling machines
- The multi-touch glass trackpad supports pinch, swipe, rotate, and navigation gestures. The traditional button is omitted in order to increase the trackpad's surface area: the entire trackpad is clickable
- Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard includes iTunes, Time Machine, Front Row, iChat, Safari, and more
- The included iLife '09 suite includes the popular iPhoto, iMovie, iDVD, iWeb, and GarageBand programs
- User-serviceable hard drive, RAM, and battery for easy upgrades
- iSight camera and microphone make video conferencing a reality
- MagSafe power connector disconnects in the event of a cable snag, ensuring that your computer won't land on the floor
- Magnetic latch mechanism doesn't require a physical latch or button for opening or closing
- The MacBook is an extremely green notebook; it features a recyclable enclosure, a mercury-free LED-backlit display, arsenic-free glass, BFR-free components, and PVC-free cables
- The computer weighs only 4.5 lb and is less than an inch thick when closed, allowing you to take it with you with ease
- Apple provides 90 days of free phone support and a 1-year limited hardware warranty on the computer. You can opt to add an AppleCare Protection Plan, at additional cost, which covers support and repairs for 3 years from the date of purchase. AppleCare can be purchased at any time within the first year of ownership of the computer