The 15.4" MacBook Pro Notebook Computer from Apple is a powerful Macintosh computer, in a portable form factor. Housed in a sleek glass and aluminum enclosure, it features a keyboard with an ambient light sensor and backlit keys.
The computer's glossy widescreen display features a resolution of 1440 x 900, ideal for photographers working on the go, or for video editors cutting 720p video. The computer is powered by an Intel Core 2 Duo processor, includes 4GB of RAM, and features 802.11n Airport Extreme Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and the SuperDrive DVD burner. The 320GB 5400rpm hard drive provides ample storage space.
All this hardware runs on Apple's Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard operating system, making the MacBook Pro a great choice for any creative professional.
- Intel Core 2 Duo processor delivers superior performance
- 15.4" glossy LCD display features a native resolution of 1440 x 900 and an energy-efficient LED backlight
- Aluminum unibody notebook is cut from a single block of aluminum by space-age CNC milling machines
- The multi-touch glass trackpad supports pinch, swipe, rotate, and navigation gestures. The traditional button is omitted in order to increase the trackpad's surface area: the entire trackpad is clickable
- nVIDIA hybrid graphics help to balance battery life and performance; Select the integrated GeForce 9400M processor for lower power consumption, or enable the nVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT card for maximum performance
- Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard includes iTunes, Time Machine, Front Row, iChat, Safari, and more
- The included iLife '09 suite includes the popular iPhoto, iMovie, iDVD, iWeb, and GarageBand programs
- User-serviceable hard drive, RAM, and battery for easy upgrades
- iSight camera and microphone make video conferencing a reality
- MagSafe power connector disconnects in the event of a cable snag, ensuring that your computer won't land on the floor
- FireWire-800, USB 2.0, and ExpressCard/34 interfaces for device and expansion card connectivity
- Magnetic latch mechanism doesn't require a physical latch or button for opening or closing
- The MacBook Pro is an extremely green notebook; it features a recyclable enclosure, a mercury-free LED-backlit display, arsenic-free glass, BFR-free components, and PVC-free cables
- The computer weighs only 5.5 lb and is less than an inch thick when closed, allowing you to take it with you with ease
- Apple provides 90 days of free phone support and a 1-year limited hardware warranty on the computer. You can opt to add an AppleCare Protection Plan, at additional cost, which covers support and repairs for 3 years from the date of purchase. AppleCare can be purchased at any time within the first year of ownership of the computer