The MacBook Air from Apple is thin. Really, really thin. In designing this ultraportable notebook Apple decided to sacrifice neither usability nor style. The laptop, which weighs only three pounds, is housed in a sleek aluminum shell. It features a full-sized notebook keyboard, complete with an ambient light sensor and backlit keys. The computer is designed to meet the needs of professionals who demand an ultraportable computer.
The computer's glossy widescreen display features a resolution of 1280 x 800, giving you enough screen real estate for daily tasks. It is powered by an Intel Core 2 Duo processor with 2GB of RAM, and features 802.11n Airport Extreme Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and a 120GB 4200rpm SATA hard drive.
All this hardware runs on Apple's Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard operating system. The MacBook Air is an excellent choice for professionals who demand an ultraportable, yet fully functional, notebook computer.
- Intel Core 2 Duo balances processing power and power consumption
- Slim design makes the 3-pound notebook thin enough to fit inside of a manila envelope
- Up to 5 hours of battery life per charge
- Remote Disc software allows you to use the optical drive on other computers
- Multi-touch trackpad supports pinch, swipe, and rotate gestures
- 13.3" glossy LCD display features a native resolution of 1280 x 800 and an energy-efficient LED backlight
- iSight camera and microphone make video conferencing a reality
- MagSafe power connector disconnects in the event of a cable snag, ensuring that your computer won't land on the floor
- Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard includes iTunes, Time Machine, Front Row, iChat, Safari, and more
- The included iLife '09 suite includes the popular iPhoto, iMovie, iDVD, iWeb, and GarageBand programs
- Magnetic latch mechanism doesn't require a physical latch or button for opening or closing
- Apple provides 90 days of free phone support and a 1-year limited hardware warranty on the computer. You can opt to add an AppleCare Protection Plan, at additional cost, which covers support and repairs for 3 years from the date of purchase. AppleCare can be purchased at any time within the first year of ownership of the computer