The Axis Communications 20 Add-On Camera Licenses is a comprehensive software program for managing the viewing, recording and playback of Axis network cameras. This program includes licenses for 20 cameras, but will support a total of 50 Axis network cameras through the purchase of optional licenses. Additional licenses are sold in packs of 1, 5, 10 and 20.
Each analog camera connected to an Axis video server counts as an individual IP camera and therefore require its own license. Other computers on the network can share this base license for free.
While a Camera Station base program is always included with an Axis Surveillance Kit, it cannot be combined with another AXIS Camera Station software or Axis Surveillance Kit to provide access to more cameras. The only way to add cameras to an existing AXIS Camera Station software is to buy these additional licenses.
With this base license is also included one year free tech support and firmware upgrades from Axis Communications. To extend this, users can acquire a support license, which will give them an additional year of support from the day the original base or support license expires.
- Supports Multiple Compression Modes
- It supports a mix of different cameras that use either H.264, MPEG-4 or MJPEG as their compression formats. H.264 can be viewed as a compression method striking a compromise between the other two, having better quality than MPEG-4 but consuming less storage and bandwidth than MJPEG.
- Remote Internet Viewing & PTZ Control
- Once this base software is installed on a single PC, cameras can be accessed using any computer on the network in an Internet or Intranet environment. In addition to viewing images, users can also control the PTZ functions of a dome camera using a mouse, or for more accurate operation, a compatible joystick controller. PTZ control is possible both in live view and playback modes.
- Comprehensive Recording Search and Export
- As with a standalone DVR, users can program recording based on a date and time or when motion is detected. Motion detection based recording makes it easy to locate event material and also cuts down on storage and bandwidth requirements. With the click of a mouse, users can also manually select any camera from the live view window to initiate recording or to export footage to a removable media.
- Additional Licenses Available for up to 50 Cameras
- By acquiring additional license packages, up to 50 IP cameras can be accessed for viewing and control from a single AXIS Camera Station software program. Additional licenses are available in packs of 1, 5, 10 or 20.