Audio Post-Production For Film and Video - This book covers many aspects of audio recording for the cinematographer. Written in simple English and using techniques from FAQs, cookbook recipes, and tutorials, this is a more than comprehensive collection of audio techniques which can be applied to many disciplines.
The book is targeted to post-shooting sound techniques and discusses everything from wiring and hardware to testing and editing.
About the Author: Jay Rose is a nationally respected sound designer and consultant whose Clio- and Emmy-winning career has included program opens for NBC and sound design for MGM. Rose is a columnist for DV Magazine, and a popular lecturer at MacWorld, DV Expo, and other industry gatherings.
Learn How To
- Build an efficient and reliable audio post setup
- Plan and budget a good soundtrack
- Get sound into your NLE without losing quality or sync
- Edit voices and music
- Record Foley and ADR
- Find music and use it effectively
- Find and create your own sound effects
- Shape sounds with equalization, reverb, noise reduction, and more
- Produce the final mix
- Test the final product for various media