With its 56° wide angle lens, 40x optical zoom, and versatile PTZ mechanism, the Canon VB-C60 is the ultimate tool when you need a single camera to provide maximum coverage of an area. Canon also designed it so that you can install it upright on a desk or hanging from a ceiling.
All these virtues serve to complement the camera's excellent image quality produced by a 1/4" CCD with a primary color filter. Image quality is further enhanced through the use of extensive electronic controls including a selectable white balance function to ensure proper color temperatures, and a smart shade control to overcome high contrast and backlit scenes. The camera also employs a true Day/Night function, powered by an IR cut filter, to improve image brightness during nighttime hours.
Another important feature of this camera is PoE, which by using the Ethernet cable as a power conduit will give you greater flexibility in the installation process. You'll also appreciate its 2-way audio function, giving you the ability to listen-in on an occurrence as well as communicate verbally over the network.
- 40x Optical Zoom with 56° Wide Angle Lens
- The VB-C60 features the industry's most powerful 40x optical zoom and 4x digital zoom. The camera's advanced auto focus system achieves smooth, immediate focus. Thanks to Canon's optical technology, the VB-C60 ultra-long zoom is able to maintain edge-to-edge tonal accuracy and clarity through the entire zoom range. The VB-C60 also features a genuine Canon wide angle lens, with a 56° horizontal field of view.
- High Quality Optics
- Canon's superior optical technology is powerful and precise, their high-precision aspherical lens allows for high resolution video in a variety of conditions. Colors remain true due to use of low dispersion glass. The bright F1.6 diameter lens combined with high-sensitivity CCD provides optimal contrast even in low light.
- IR Corrected Lens
- The infrared lens coating minimizes ghosting due to infrared rays and increases night mode sensitivity. The lens system is built upon Canon video camera technology to provide high quality continuous video capture that is equipped to handle diverse lighting conditions and temperatures throughout the day.
- Progressive Scan CCD
- The VB-C60 utilizes a progressive-scan CCD to allow for the capture of noise- less, high quality video (M-JPEG or MPEG-4) of moving subjects. Genuine Canon optics combined with the high-sensitivity CCD provides optimal contrast, and the primary-color CCD also delivers excellent colors and tonal quality, even in low light.
- Smart Shade Control
- If the background of an image is too bright to see main subjects, the VB-C60 allows you to adjust the contrast of the darker areas to make it easier to see. Unlike backlight compensation, the shade correction adjusts darker areas of the image, while maintaining the brightness of the brighter areas, so the background image remains clear. Since this process occurs in the camera, image degradation is minimized and the load on the system is reduced.
- Image Stabilizer
- The VB-C60's Image Stabilizer feature effectively works to compensate for image blur caused by camera vibrations or movement. This is useful against building vibration or strong winds, like when the camera is installed on an outdoor pole.
- Exceptional Low Light Performance
- The VB-C60's bright lens combined with a high-sensitivity CCD and Canon's proprietary imaging engine, work together to provide exceptional low light performance for clear visibility of camera subject and surroundings. You can even see color images down to low as 0.7 lux of light. Moving subjects can be clearly seen with minimal noise in low light conditions. The primary-color CCD delivers excellent colors and tonal quality suited to the brightness of the environment.
- Auto Day/Night Capability
- The Auto Day/Night feature switches automatically in dark night-time conditions. You can select up to five different brightness levels for Auto Day/Night switching, to provide options for a wider range of environments. Capable of capturing color images of subjects with brightness as low as 0.7 lux (1/30 sec.), the VB-C60 is ideal for video monitoring of locations with variable lighting.
- Camera Setting Adjustments
Three Metering Modes
The VB-C60 offers three selectable metering modes, or methods for measuring brightness (amount of light) of subjects to set the exposure. This is a first in this class of network cameras. Choose from "Average", "Center-Weighted" or "Spot", which can be switched depending on the shooting condition.
Seven Levels of Exposure Compensation
Automatic exposure compensation offers seven levels of correction. Compared to other cameras where only positive correction for backlit situations is available the VB-C60 has negative correction for overly bright situations, so you can set the white balance and the light source to match the installation site.
Shutter Priority Auto Exposure
The VB-C60 allows you to select a desired shutter speed, and the camera will then set the matching aperture value for a proper exposure. If you change the shutter speed, or the light level changes, the camera adjusts the aperture accordingly. This is useful for fast-moving subjects such as cars in motion, where setting a fast shutter speed will ensure blur-free capture.
- Camera Control and Functionality
The VB-C60 features pan/tilt control that move the camera right to left, up and down, making it easy to adjust the angle of view. The VB-C60 has an extremely wide pan and tilt range and provides coverage for a 340° horizontal field of view (pan range +/-170°). The camera's viewing angle can be easily adjusted via PC, and images are exceptionally clear during PTZ movement without the occurrence of motion blur. The camera can pan or tilt at a rate of 150°/second. Combined with the wide angle lens and 40x optical zoom with auto focus, the cameras pan/tilt control makes the VB-C60 ideal for a wide variety of video surveillance applications, such as indoors including retails and offices, as well as outdoor parking lots and manufacturing plants.
Motion Detection with Subject Auto-Tracking
The VB-C60 has built-in motion detection capability allowing you to set up to four motion detection areas with varying levels of sensitivity. When subject motion (a change in pixels) is detected, the camera can be set to pan and tilt to follow the subject's movement. Pre-recorded audio can also be set to playback.
Image Upload and Email Notification
When subject motion is detected or if an external sensor is triggered, the camera is equipped to automatically send the images to a desired location via FTP/HTTP/SMTP (email). You can, for example, have the camera automatically send the images to a mobile phone or email address.
Panorama Image Creation and Preset Tour
The VB-C60 offers a panorama view in which the entire viewing range can be seen as one image. The desired view can be selected by moving a "scope" box over any area in the panorama window. This makes it easy for the user to quickly move the camera to a particular spot, within the cameras range. Pre-registered presets or views can be individually selected. A "preset tour" can then be setup to cycle though the pre-sets at specified at intervals.
- Data Encoding and Transmission with DIGIC Net Processing
Powerful DIGIC NET Processor
The VB-C60 performs all image processing and encoding with a powerful, proprietary hardware-based compression and engine called DIGIC NET. Cameras that process or encode images via PC software use a lot of CPU power, which results in lowered frame rate. With the DIGIC NET, each step of the image capture, processing, encoding, and transmission process uses virtually zero PC CPU power.
Simultaneous Data Distribution
The VB-C60 can simultaneously deliver both M-JPEG and MPEG-4 video in high quality VGA size (640 x 480) at the maximum frame rate of 30 FPS with no loss in frame rate, unlike many competing models. The high image quality of M-JPEG video is suited for live monitoring; while for recording MPEG-4 is ideal for recording due to its smaller file size and lighter network load. Furthermore, the camera supports IPsec and performs onboard data encryption without any loss in frame rate. Each camera offers support for up to 30 simultaneous clients (users accessing and viewing video images at the same time).
The VB-C60 can distribute M-JPEG images in three sizes simultaneously (640 - 480, 320 - 240, 160 - 120). This comes in handy for image upload mobile devices. The 320 x 240 size is useful when monitoring multiple cameras on a single screen, and 640 x 480 is ideal for saving when high image quality is desired.
- Two-Way Audio (Full Duplex)
- The VB-C60 can transmit and receive audio in real time from an authorized networked PC. Simultaneous two-way audio allows administrators logged in to the Admin Viewer web interface, to listen in on a camera site, make announcements to the scene of the camera, or do both at the same time.
- IEEE 802.3af compliant Power over Ethernet (PoE)
- The VB-C60 supports IEEE 802.3af compliant Power over Ethernet (PoE) technology, which allows the use of a single LAN cable to both power the camera and transfer video and audio data when connected to a PoE switch. Because a power cable is not required, the camera can be installed at sites without readily accessible AC outlets. And because PoE eliminates the cost of running expensive power cabling to the device, installation costs are kept to a minimum. There is no need for additional electrical constructions once you connect the camera to a PoE switch. In addition, the VB-C60 can be powered using an external power supply (AC24V / DC12V) using the supplied connector. It can also be powered with Canon's optional AC adapter (PA-V17).
- Software and Security
Browser Based Camera Setting Page
The settings page is a web-accessible page that allows you to change VB-C60 camera settings through your web browser. The interface of the VB-C60's settings page builds upon those of previous models, and takes ease of use and navigation to the next level.
Web Viewer and VB Admin Tools
The VB-C60 comes with a built-in Web Viewer for live monitoring and basic camera control, such as controlling the camera's PTZ movements. Because this software can be set to no user authentication and can be distributed to the public, it's ideal for webcasting over the net. The VB Admin Tools are a set of tools the camera administrator can use to make adjustments to camera settings such as motion detection and a log viewer. The VB Initial Settings Tool sets up the network environment for your camera and connects it to the network.
"VK-Lite" Recording Software
The VB-C60 comes bundled with network video recording software VK-Lite, a software application that lets you monitor, record, and play back images from up to four cameras from a single screen. The camera comes with everything you need to start monitoring and recoding straight out of the box -- there is no need to buy additional software.
Browser Access Restriction
The VB-C60 provides three levels of user access to ensure security. In addition to the Administrator who has control of the entire system, users can be divided into registered users (Authorized) and general users (Anonymous). Each type of user has access to different monitoring functions and camera control as specified by the administrator. The most basic level of access (general users) doesn't require registration making the VB-C60 suited for webcasting applications too.
IPsec (IP security) is a set of protocols for securing IP communications by encrypting data streams. IPsec secures the data flow to and from the camera, and ensures that only authorized users have access.
- Easy Installation in Various Environments
- The VB-C60 can be placed in an upright position or mounted on the ceiling by simply changing the setting. The bottom of the camera has a 1/4" thread for mounting. The optional Indoor Dome Recessed Housing and Ceiling Mount Cover are available for ceiling mounted installations. There are two types of the dome housing. One is "Smoked", which enables you to monitor without drawing attention. The other is "Clear", which makes people more aware of the presence of the camera as well as protects from dusts.