The Celestron CGEM-925 telescope kit is a fully-loaded scope with automatic "GO-TO" observing as well as immediate professional imaging capacity. Use it simply to observe and its NexStar controller makes viewing a breeze, even for a beginner. Its robust CGEM equatorial mount will give a supreme base for imagery, free from annoying jitters which rob even the best of optics, and it also learns over time to correct for the periodic tracking errors inherent in every telescope mount. The combination of aperture, automation, and price is impressive for anyone with a dual interest in viewing and astrophotography.
The telescope optical tube assembly itself has Celestron's StarBright XLT optics standard, an advancement in multicoatings which allows brightness advantages nearly equivalent to a step-up in aperture. Celestron's 9.25" Schmidt-Cassegrain design is well-respected throughout the astronomy community as a serious step up from even the quite respectable 8" entries, giving bright access to planets, galaxies, and several enthralling deep space objects.
The CGEM equatorial mount is an evolved step in their equatorial designs, and as an equatorial mount it is designed for those with an interest in imaging. Its streamlined controls operate intuitively, with the rigidity needed for serious astrophotography results even in a larger scope.
Everything you will need to begin observing immediately is included in this package. As delivered, the scope operates upon a vehicle's cigarette lighter port-but it can also be powered with the optional AC adapter or the Celestron Power Tank.
- Multicoated StarBright XLT optics in extremely powerful 9.25" Schmidt-Cassegrain design
- Heavy-duty German equatorial CGEM mount well-suited to astrophotography
- NexStar computerized hand controller gives automatic locating to an enormous object database
- Remote slewing at up to 5° per second
- Supremely-easy photo adaptation with complete collection of dedicated accessories
- NexStar's RS-232 serial port, linked to a personal computer's 4-pin telephone jack via optional #93920 cable, allows remote scope control (USB ports will require #18775 converter cable)
- Optional GPS accessory kit allows extremely fine alignments
- Mount has altazimuth mode for land-based viewing (45° erect image diagonal recommended)