The Celestron CGEM-1100 telescope kit is an enormous fully-loaded scope with automatic "GO-TO" observing and professional imaging capacity. Its NexStar computerized hand controller makes simple viewing a breeze, even for beginners. The robust CGEM equatorial mount gives a rock steady base for imagery that's free from annoying jitters which rob even the best of optics, and it also learns over time to correct for the periodic tracking errors inherent in every telescope mount. The combination of 11" aperture with automated viewing at this price is impressive for all having dual interest in viewing and astrophotography.
The telescope optical tube assembly itself has Celestron's StarBright XLT optics standard, an advancement in multicoatings which allows brightness advantages nearly equivalent to a step-up in aperture. Celestron's 11" Schmidt-Cassegrain design has 170% more light gathering capacity then even their well-respected 8" models, and provides supremely-bright views of planets, galaxies, and deep space objects combined with the ability to image the smallest of stuff thanks to all that resolving capacity. The only bigger models are the 14" versions, which essentially require two people to set up and are practically unportable.
The CGEM equatorial mount is an evolved step in their equatorial designs, and as an equatorial mount it is designed for those with an interest in imaging. Its streamlined controls operate intuitively, with the rigidity needed for serious astrophotography results even in a large 11" scope.
Everything you will need to begin observing immediately is included in this package. As delivered, the scope operates upon a vehicle's cigarette lighter port-but it can also be powered with the optional AC adapter or the Celestron Power Tank.
- Multicoated Starbright XLT optics in enormous 11" Schmidt-Cassegrain design intended for deep sky observations
- Heavy-duty German equatorial CGEM mount well-suited to astrophotography
- NexStar computerized hand controller gives automatic locating to an enormous object database
- Remote slewing at up to 5° per second
- Supremely-easy photo adaptation with complete collection of dedicated accessories
- NexStar's RS-232 serial port, linked to a personal computer's 4-pin telephone jack via optional #93920 cable, allows remote scope control (USB ports will require #18775 converter cable)
- Optional GPS accessory kit allows extremely fine alignments
- Mount has altazimuth mode for land-based viewing (45° erect image diagonal recommended)
- Bright 9x50 finderscope