The VB-C300 Wide Angle PTZ Network Camera offers a perfect solution for security applications requiring the use of a single camera to cover a large surveillance area. Building on Canon's reputation as industry experts in optics design, this camera incorporates a 70° wide angle lens, capable of encompassing a broad viewing area while maintaining the necessary clarity and detail.
Working from a remote Internet location, users can access the camera's P/T functions to point it in a desired direction while activating its zoom to get a closer look at objects of interest. Audio I/O ports also make it possible for a network user to hear and speak with a person at the camera location.
These and other features elevate this unit from being just another network camera to a high performance capturing device suitable for critical commercial enterprises.
This camera can be installed on any flat surface such as a desk or wall, or even upside down from a ceiling.
- Wide 70° Horizontal Viewing Angle
- Canon designed the VB-C300 for applications requiring the use of a single camera to cover a maximum viewing area. To this end they incorporated it with a 70° wide angle lens capable of encompassing a fairly large area even when operated in the stationary position. And with the incorporation of genuine Canon optics, corner-to-corner sharpness is ensured through its entire focal spectrum.
- High Speed PTZ with 2.4x Optical Zoom
- Working from a remote Internet PC, a user can with the simple click of a mouse operate this camera's high speed pan and tilt to quickly point it in any desired direction. At the same time, this camera's 2.4x zoom plus 4x digital zoom can be activated to bring objects of interest into close view. These powerful PTZ functions coupled with its wide angle lens, allow the use of a single camera to cover a large viewing area that would otherwise require multiple camera installations.
- 20 Preset Positions
- Up to 20 preset positions can be programmed into the camera's memory for future retrieval. Each position can be labeled with a unique name, and when clicked on will swiftly move the camera to that direction.
- High Sensitivity Progressive Scan CCD
- A high resolution CCD coupled with precision optics provide an operator with the outstanding resolution critical in identifying people and objects. Viewing images in high resolution also minimizes eye strain for an operator staring at a screen for long hours.
- Day/Night Function
- When light levels fall, this camera uses a built-in IR cut filter to auto switch from high resolution color to an ultra sensitive B/W mode. This ensures that maximum video quality is maintained day and night. Day/Night operation is adjustable for various light level thresholds and can also be manually activated.
- 2-Way Audio
- By attaching an optional microphone and speaker to this camera's audio I/O ports, a user can hear and speak with a person at the camera location. This makes it a valuable tool for use in retail stores, factories, transportation hubs and other applications requiring verbal communication.
- PoE (Power over Ethernet)
- PoE uses the standard Ethernet cable to transmit power to the camera. Having a camera with PoE is advantageous in many different ways. It allows the camera to be placed in areas inaccessible to an AC outlet such as close to a ceiling or inside an outdoor housing. It also provides fail-safe operation by having the ability to keep the camera running in the event of a localized power failure. By integrating power with the LAN signal, an operator can also fully monitor the camera's electrical properties from a remote network station.
- Alarm I/O Ports
- Another unique feature of this camera is its built-in alarm I/O ports. External alarm sensors can be used to alert an operator to an alarm condition such as motion detection and to activate a device like locking or unlocking a door following an alarm event.