Muse 2.0 from Abaltat is software that utilizes the content of a video file to automatically generate royalty-free music beds in a variety of styles. The multi-track software is easy to use and requires only the importation of a QuickTime movie, along with a choice of musical style, to begin the process of generating a music cue.
The software works by analyzing the color content of the video and using an algorithmic process to provide the musical basics. Further manipulation of the output is achieved via an advanced options section where tempo and complexity can be specified, along with compositional methods (melodic or freestyle) and drum types.
A time code based timeline is where the real creativity takes place. "Color Marker" and "Tracker" key frames allow the user to change tonality (major or minor), transpose the melody up or down and implement volume and panning of the various tracks. Color Tracking allows the various colors in the video to be used to create things like melodic harmony or for adding emotional effect.
The sound library included with Muse consists of nearly 2GB of sound samples from the Garritan library. On completion of the soundtrack, the resulting audio and video can be output as a QuickTime movie. The software will also export the music as an AIFF or WAV file, as well as multi-channel MIDI files for further editing and sweetening in any digital audio workstation.
- Video driven audio compositional software designed for video editors, sound designers and composers
- Using algorithmic processes, the software can quickly generate a variety of temp tracks that can be shared across video editing and sound design/composition teams
- Includes nearly 2GB of sampled sounds drawn from the Garritan library and powered by Native Instruments' KONTAKT player
- Seven bands (ensembles) containing over 30 presets (from classical to avant-garde to dance and hip-hop) provide a wide range of musical material
- Advanced mode allows for further molding the musical outcome
- Simple and effective soundtrack arranging tools to control instruments, stereo panning, volume and audio fades, parallel harmonies, alternative scales, score transposition and more
- Easy, intuitive user interface with dual windows
- Seamless integration with Apple, Avid, Adobe and Media 100 non-linear editing software
- Full MIDI and audio export functionality to import directly into leading pro audio applications
- Dual monitor support
- All music generated by the software is royalty-free