As with many great imaging technologies, the concept of a megapixel camera eventually made its way from the photo/video world into the CCTV industry. Because of its higher resolution, a megapixel security camera can provide the level of detail not available with a conventional camera. This makes it a wise choice for applications needing a higher degree of security like banks, museums and government facilities.
Other great features of the ACTi ACM-1231 include selectable compression options, two-way audio and built-in motion detection.
Note: Mounting bracket sold separately (R695-00004-001)
- 1.3 Megapixel Imager
- Images taken with a megapixel camera are usually sharper and have better color depth; two of the most deciding factors when it comes to making a positive identification. Furthermore, by starting off with such a high resolution, image clarity is maintained even under digital magnification. This will allow the use of a single camera to do the same job normally requiring the installation of two or more conventional cameras.
- Weatherproof Camera with Sunshade
- With its IP66 rated enclosure and integrated sunshade, you can safely use this camera outdoors in rain or shine without the need for an additional camera housing.
- Optimized for Day & Night Surveillance
- For night viewing, the camera packs two punches; an array of built-in IR LEDs plus a mechanical IR cut filter system. Working together, these ensure that you won't be left in the dark when night falls.
- Progressive Scan Imager
- Imagine viewing a still image of a vehicle moving in front of a brick wall. Using an interlaced imager, the moving vehicle will appear blurry against the solid wall background, making it difficult to identify the characteristics of the car or its occupants. With a progressive scan imager, on the other hand, both the freeze frame image of the moving vehicle and the wall behind it will appear in sharp relief.
- Selectable MPEG-4 / MJPEG Compression
- Selectable MPEG-4/MJPEG encoding modes give you the ability to prioritize higher quality over lower compression or vice versa, depending on your particular application. This is a particularly important feature for a megapixel camera where the large file sizes it generates can quickly overwhelm a network.
- 2-Way Audio
- Attach a microphone and speaker of your choice to the back of the camera and you'll be able to hear and speak with a person at the camera location over the network.
- PoE (Power over Ethernet)
- With the addition of a PoE injector, you will be able to power the camera via the same Ethernet cable used to communicate data to the camera. This will make it easy to install the camera near ceilings, in hallways, elevators, outdoors (with appropriate housing) and similar areas with no direct access to an AC outlet.