Writing: Adaptation - This DVD teaches you how to spot the good and bad parts of a work. It also shows you how to locate trouble spots, teaches research, visualizing and dramatization, non-fiction vs. fiction, the "echo effect", online research vs. physical, changing directions, genre material, staying fresh and externalizing characters' thoughts.
- What to include
- How to avoid the 200 page screenplay
- How faithful should you be to the original?
- Is it easier to adapt fiction or non-fiction, trash or art?
- Which books, plays and stories will make good movies
- How to rectify problems without alienating a book's fans?