The SpeakerCraft 8.2BAS Passive In-Ceiling Subwoofer is designed to be installed discreetly in a ceiling to enhance the low frequency response of any in-ceiling or in-wall speaker system. It features an 8" IMG cone woofer with dual voice coils. It also has a front-mounted 180° phase reversal switch, and is powered by an external amplifier that supplies a recommended 100 watts of undistorted power.
The 8.2BAS has a built-in crossover, so you can connect your in-ceiling or in-wall speakers to the BAS to direct the bass to the BAS and the higher frequencies to satellite speakers. By selecting one of the two frequency settings, you can control the amount of bass that the subwoofer handles. This also allows for tighter, deeper bass response.
However you configure the 8.2BAS within your speaker system, you'll get optimal saturation, high sound pressure level and minimal distortion to enhance the sound of your system. The frame and grille of the speaker can also be painted to match any decor. Once installed, this subwoofer should provide you with years of listening enjoyment.
- Passive In-Ceiling Subwoofer
- The 8.2BAS subwoofer features an 8" IMG cone woofer with dual voice coils and features power handling capabilities of 100 watts.
- Tighter, Deeper Bass
- Enhances the low frequency response of any in-ceiling or in-wall speaker system.
- Adjustable Low Pass Crossover
- The frequency response switch can be set to allow for a frequency response of 30-120 Hz or 30-80 Hz, depending on the needs of your application and the output desired.
- Front-Mounted Phase Reversal Switch
- Bass wave lengths are long, and the conditions in which the sub is installed aren't always consistent. You can reverse the phase using the switch on the front of the speaker baffle for optimal sound.
- The frame and grille of the speaker can also be painted to match any decor.