Proper security can only be achieved if the camera itself remains safe from damage. The ACTi ACM-7411 consists of a megapixel camera and lens assembly contained inside a dome enclosure that is both weather and vandal resistant. A camera of this quality and integrity is a wise choice for applications needing highly detailed network security monitoring in areas where weather or vandalism are a concern.
This camera readily installs on the flat surface of a ceiling or wall. Optional hardware accessories are available for in-ceiling mounting (R695-00020-000) or for mounting on a wall, facing down (R695-00019-001).
- Weather & Vandal Resistant
- A rugged, IP66 rated enclosure together with an integrated heater and fan assembly effectively shields the camera from weather and vandalism. This will allow safe camera installation in an indoor or outdoor location. It also means that you won't have to worry about someone taking a baseball bat to your camera.
- 1.3 Megapixel Imager
- Images taken with a megapixel camera are usually sharper and have better color depth; two of the most deciding factors when it comes to making a positive identification. Furthermore, by starting off with such a high resolution, image clarity is maintained even under digital magnification. This will potentially allow the use of a single camera to do the same job normally requiring the installation of two or more conventional cameras.
- Optimized for Day & Night Surveillance
- When light levels fall below 4 lux, an IR cut filter is automatically removed from the lens, allowing light in the infrared spectrum to reach the sensor. At the same time, the camera auto switches from color to an IR sensitive B/W mode. A Day/Night function is therefore a must-have in a camera that is used to monitor areas where the amount of available light changes over the course of the day.
- Progressive Scan Imager
- A progressive scan sensor captures an image in one take instead of in two stages the way interlaced cameras do. This means you won't get the blurring effect when viewing a freeze frame image of a fast moving object.
- Selectable MPEG-4/MJPEG Compression
- Selectable MPEG-4/MJPEG compression options gives you better control over the data distribution process. For example, you can use the lower quality but smaller file size MPEG-4 compression format when viewing live images and opt for the slower but higher quality MJPEG codec when recording over the network.
- 2-Way Audio
- By connecting a microphone and speaker to this camera's audio I/O ports, you'll be able to hear and speak with a person at the camera location over the network. This is a most useful feature in a wide range of monitoring applications.
- PoE (Power over Ethernet)
With the addition of a PoE injector, you will be able to power the camera via the same Ethernet cable used to communicate data to the camera. This will make it easy to install the camera near ceilings, in hallways, elevators, outdoors (with appropriate housing) and similar areas with no direct access to an AC outlet.
Heater and fan cannot be operated via PoE.