The Quantum Qflash Trio QF8N TTL Shoe Mount Flash combines several of Quantum's venerable Qflash system technologies into one complete dedicated shoe mount flash. Based on the popular Qflash, the Trio QF8 also includes a built-in FreeXwire TTL radio, for wireless TTL control, and is fully dedicated to the Nikon i-TTL flash system.
The Qflash uses parabolic reflectors for clean, even light spread, and the reflectors are removable for bare-bulb lighting. The flash can be used either on-camera on its own, on-camera as a master to other off-camera units, or off-camera with the use of a Pilot or FreeXWire module. The Ratio Control is highly adjustable between all the models in the set-up.
A multitude of advanced features and modes are available, and many are user selectable. It features virtually all modes available from the camera manufacturer's own flagship units. However, the QF8 can be powered by any of the Quantum's line of heavy-duty Turbo-series batteries, which allows for almost unlimited rapid-fire, full power flashes.
- Wireless TTL, Sync and Shutter Control
- The QF8 will send or receive commands to or from one or more remote QF8 or FreeXWire receivers connected to Qflashes
- Manual Mode
- Power may be adjusted from full to 1/2 to 1/32 power in 1/3 stop increments
- Program Mode
- Store up to 8 favorite settings, and switch between them at the push of a button
- Changeable Reflector
- Can be used with included parabolic or optional QF63 telephoto reflector, and can be used bare bulb, or with silver or gold bare bulb enhancers
- Angle Adjustment
- Head swivels and tilts for bounce flash capability
- Easy to Mount
- Mounts directly into the cameras hot shoe, to a bracket shoe, or to a 1/4"-20 screw with the included shoe-mount adapter
- Runs off Turbo-Series Batteries
Approx. # of full power flashes:
Turbo, SC, C: 400
Turbo 2x2: 700
- Ultra-Fast Recycling Speed
Recycling speed on full-power flash:
Turbo, SC, C: 1.5 sec
Turbo 2x2: 1 sec