The SE Electronics SE4 is a cardioid "pencil" style microphone designed to capture instruments and vocals in sound reinforcement and recording applications. The condenser capsule features Class-A FET electronics that deliver transparent audio signal with a low noise floor. The microphone's cardioid polar pattern is effective in minimizing noise and unwanted audio signal at the off-axis sections of the microphone.
Optional omnidirectional and hypercardioid capsules are available. A -10dB pad switch provides added headroom when capturing excessively loud signals that create noise and distortion, while a low-end rolloff switch reduces the effects of handling noise and other low frequencies. The SE4 is more than suitable for capturing toms, snare, overheads, cymbals, percussion, choir, brass sections, stereo M-S style ambiance recording, and more.
- Matched Pair
- Both microphones are closely matched for excellent stereo recording quality
- Cardioid Polar Pattern
- The cardioid polar pattern is effective in minimizing noise and audio at the off-axis (sides) of the capsule
- Optional Interchangeable Capsules
- The SE4 ships with a cardioid capsule but optional hypercardioid and omnidirectional capsules are available
- Class-A FET Electronics
- The Class-A FET output stage delivers pristine, transparent audio signal with minimal noise
- Low Frequency Roll-Off
- Low-frequency roll-off minimizes noise and proximity effect
- -10dB Pad
- The -10dB Pad provides the necessary headroom needed to capture loud signals without distortion
- Accessories Included
- Shock mounts, a mounting bar, and a flight case are included