The Art & Technique of Children's Portrait Photography - A good child's portrait is eternal. There is something special about a cherished moment caught in space and time that evokes a feeling, an emotion,a relationship - a story.
In this book, the author will teach you how to capture that wonderful feeling a child emotes. More than just "taking a picture", this portrait should be entirely special and represent an essence that the parents and friends of the subject will immediately relate to.
You'll find tips on working spontaneously with kids, what to use and where to shoot. You'll also learn how to market, establish a workflow and sell prints when the shoot is over.
About the Author: Tamara Lackey's images have appeared in a variety of magazines, including Vogue, O Magazine, Elle, Town & Country, Martha Stewart Living, Parenting, Food & Wine, The Knot Weddings, Premier Baby & Child, and Inside Weddings. Her photography has also been showcased on the Martha Stewart Show. She regularly speaks at seminars and photography conventions throughout the country.
- Understanding your subject and tailoring your photographic approach to their unique personality
- Lighting techniques for studio and location shoots
- Adopting an organic approach to posing, where simple coaching from the photographer creates natural, photogenic moments
- Using outdoor environments to best effects and creating a wide variety of studio images with simple sets
- Tips for effectively and efficiently organizing your business
- Enhancing your role in the selling process to better serve your clients and boost your bottom line
- Practical ideas for more effective marketing, advertising, and promotions - plus tips for pricing your work