This Sea & Sea RDX-D60 housing is for the Nikon D60 and D40 digital cameras. It is a stylish and durable polycarbonate housing for anyone looking to pursue underwater digital photography with the flexibility and quality of an SLR camera. The housing allows use of your digital camera while exploring the underwater world at depths up to 200' (60 m).
Designed for the novice, the housing's many features will appeal to the experienced underwater photographer as well. With the housing's quick shoe, mounting the camera is a breeze. Just slide the camera's quick shoe into the slot. The large buckle lock makes opening and closing the housing back easy and secure. This housing gives you full control over your camera. The durable controls give you access to everything the Nikon D60 or D40 has to offer.
Using an external flash will bring back the natural color that is lost underwater. The housing features a 5-pin bulkhead for connecting the Sea & Sea YS TTL converter for Nikon Cameras. Then you can connect 2 Sea & Sea strobes with Nikonos sync cords. The converter provides perfect TTL exposure and allows for exposure compensation for creative control.
You can also pop up the camera's built-in flash. This allows you to use Sea & Sea underwater strobes with fiber optic cables. The housing features dual fiber-optic cable ports. This allows you to securely connect two strobes.
An assortment of interchangeable lens ports (required accessory) allows use of the macro, wide angle, and zoom lenses best suited for underwater photography.
Note: Requires Lens Port
- Polycarbonate Construction
- Durable and resistant to corrosion, clear view of the camera information and control functions
- Camera Functions
- Housing accesses all camera functions
- SLR Viewing
- The housing features a 0.5X pickup viewfinder, with corner-to-corner clarity and easy camera data viewing, even when wearing a dive mask
- Keeping Your Camera Safe
- The O-ring main seal along with the large secure buckle closure will keep your camera dry
- Lens Port System
- An assortment of interchangeable RDX lens ports (required accessory) allow use of macro, wide angle, and zoom lenses. The RDX Port Base L allows use of NX ports and RDX Port Base S allows use of compact macro ports
- TTL Flash
- The housing features a 5-pin bulkhead for connecting the Sea & Sea YS TTL converter for Nikon Cameras. Then you can connect 2 Sea & Sea strobes with Nikonos sync cords. The converter provides perfect TTL exposure and allows for exposure compensation for creative control
- Slaved Strobes
- Pop up the camera's built-in flash allows you to use Sea & Sea strobes with fiber optic cables. Fiber-optic cables securely plug into the housing's dual fiber-optic cable ports
- Handles and Arms
- Use the tray and Sea Arm VII to attach strobes to the housing, or use the optional Grip-Stay L handle set