The Giottos MTL 9271B Tripod is a professional's size 3-section aluminum model, made for use with larger and heavier professional camera setups. It shares much of the unique feature set that is inherent in Giotto's MTL class of aluminum models of various sizes. With 31/28/25mm segments, the MTL 9271B is made for use with flagship professional SLR cameras and large 'fast' telephoto lenses, such as a 300mm f/2.8 lens. The MTL 9271B has simple and easy to operate flip lever style locks.
There's not too much in the world of tripods that Giottos doesn't think to incorporate into their best models such as this MTL 9271B. It has foam padded upper segments, a bubble level right at the neck of the unit, flip-lock levers which can be attended to in the field if needed, and an included tool kit which has a special short column attachment that allows an impressive minimum operating height.
The MTL 9271B gives a 5'3" working height, meaning that a 6' tall person will have their SLR's viewfinder at eye level when the legs are fully extended and the column completely retracted. When collapsed it is 28.3", and it weighs under 5 pounds.
- Classic style professional size aluminum alloy tripod, with 31mm maximum leg segments
- Made to be suitable for large and bright telephoto lenses (300mm f/2.8, 50-500mm, etc.)
- Giottos' trademark "Qel" flip lever locks, which can be disassembled, cleaned, and reassembled in the field if necessary
- Foam-padded upper leg segments ease handling in cold and carrying upon shoulder
- Circular spirit bubble level at the top of the tripod crown to help level the legs
- Individual leg angle locks and detachable center column allow excellent minimum working height
- Rounded rubber leg tips
- Weight hook at bottom of center column aids stability (must hang you camera bag or other heavy item from it)
- Included ground level column top allows lower minimum operating height