The Giottos MTL9371B Professional Aluminum Tripod Legs, part of Giottos' professional-level MT series, has a unique center column design and is versatile and easy to use. With 31mm diameter upper segments and smallest segments of a respectable 25mm, this 3-section tripod is appropriate for all but the most extreme of telephoto lens applications-pretty much anything smaller than a 400mm f/2.8 or 600mm f/4 can be used with confidence on the MTL9371B.
The MTL's unique swiveling center column mounting design allows it to be used as a lateral arm with angle adjustments, an especially useful combination for nature and macro photography. The column can also be used upside down and reversed. It allows for 360° horizontal and 180° vertical adjustment, without a tripod head needed, and the column can be positioned and set quickly by using the locking knobs.
The top of the center column separates from the main column, and by slipping this short camera platform into the swiveling center column mount you'll effectively have a universal 3-way head for very low ground-level shooting.
- True professional's class thick 31/28/25mm diameter leg segment profile
- Center column doubles as lateral arm
- Center column's crown (with built-in rotation/tilt mechanisms) can directly accept cameras with the center column removed, without needing a distinct tripod head
- Reversible 1/4"-20 or 3/8"-16 threaded top screw
- Included tool kit with allen wrenches, hex wrench, and screw driver needed to keep your tripod up and running in the field
- Retractable weight hook adds to stability with sandbag, camera equipment, or other heavy items affixed
- Foam-padded upper segments for handling ease in temperature extremes