The Giottos MTL 9251B-5001 Tripod is a standard size 3-section aluminum model paired together with a 3-way pan/tilt head. It is made for use with most consumer SLR camera setups, and shares much of Giottos' feature set that is unique to their MTL class of aluminum models. With 25/22/19mm segments, the MTL 9251B-5001 is made for use with consumer-class SLR cameras with moderate telephoto lenses, such as a 55-200mm type lens.
There's not too much in the world of tripods that Giottos doesn't think to incorporate into their best models such as this MTL 9251B-5001. It has foam padded upper segments, a bubble level right at the neck of the unit, flip-lock levers which can be attended to in the field if needed, and an included tool kit which has a special short column attachment that allows an impressive minimum operating height. The MH 5001 3-way head has distinct locks for each axis of movement, with a 'snap-in' quick release system.
All together, this tripod/head combination weighs ~5 pounds, extends to 68.9", and collapses to 29.6".
- Classic aluminum alloy tripod with 25mm maximum leg segments and a 3-way pan/tilt head with quick release
- Giottos' trademark "Qel" flip lever locks, which can be disassembled, cleaned, and reassembled in the field if necessary
- Foam-padded upper leg segments ease handling in cold and carrying upon shoulder
- Circular spirit bubble levels, atop tripod crown and at the base of the quick release adapter, help level both legs and base of camera
- Quick release plate features a spring-loaded 1/4"-20 camera screw, as well as an anti-twist video register pin
- Individual leg angle locks and detachable center column allow excellent minimum working height
- Rounded rubber leg tips
- Weight hook at bottom of center column aids stability (must hang you camera bag or other heavy item from it)