This Aquatica Underwater Housing with Double Nikonos Bulkheads for the Nikon D700 Camera is machined from a solid block of aluminum that is anodized, coated with polyurethane powder paint, and then clear coated. The housing operates safely to a depth of 300' (90 m).
The lens port has a positive bayonet mounting system, which leaves no doubt that your port is securely in place and watertight. The bayonet system offers fast access to lenses for rapid changing, and there is a lens release button on the front of the housing to facilitate easy lens changes. The housing allows use of lenses ranging from Fisheye to the 200mm Macro.
The housing features double Nikonos bulkheads. This allows you to easily connect two strobes with two standard Nikonos single sync cords to the housing when using manual mode. The Nikonos bulkhead can be switched from a 2-pin connector for manual strobe control to a 5-pin connector for use with a TTL adapter at the flip of a switch. When used in TTL mode, only one bulkhead is TTL compatible.
The Aquatica D700 housing uses a viewfinder that delivers a big and bright image and full frame viewing to your eye. LCD information in the camera's viewfinder is easily referenced while shooting, and chromatic aberrations have been significantly reduced for sharp focusing and exact composition.
Note: Requires lens port
Also Note: Most zoom lenses require a close-up diopter filter to correct focus distance.
- Machined Aluminum Construction
- Machined from a solid block of aluminum
- Camera Functions
- Housing accesses all camera functions
- Enhanced Viewing
- Full frame view of finder including finder information
- Mechanical Controls
- The dependable controls are conveniently placed at fingertip, and kept water tight with double o-ring seal
- Multiple Lens Capability
- An assortment of interchangeable lens ports allows use of most macro, wide angle, and zoom lenses
- Sacrificial Anodes
- Replaceable sacrificial anodes protect the housing from electrolysis
- Standard Nikonos type Bulkheads
- External flash ready using two Nikonos type sync cord connections in manual mode
- Nikonos bulkhead can be switched from a 2-pin connector for manual strobe control to a 5-pin connector for a TTL adapter at the flip of a switch, when used in TTL mode, only 1 bulkhead is TTL compatible