This Aquatica Underwater Housing with Double Nikonos Bulkheads for the Nikon D700 is machined from a solid block of aluminum that is anodized, coated with polyurethane powder paint, and then clear coated. The housing operates safely to a depth of 300' (90 m).
The lens port has a positive bayonet mounting system, which leaves no doubt that your port is securely in place and watertight. The bayonet system offers fast access to lenses for rapid changing, and there is a lens release button on the front of the housing to facilitate easy lens changes. The housing allows use of lenses ranging from Fisheye to the 200mm Macro.
The housing features double Nikonos bulkheads. This allows you to easily connect two strobes with two standard Nikonos single sync cords to the housing when using manual mode. The Nikonos bulkhead can be switched from a 2-pin connector for manual strobe control to a 5-pin connector for use with a TTL adapter at the flip of a switch. When used in TTL mode, only one bulkhead is TTL compatible.
This Aquatica D700 housing includes the Aquatica Aqua View Viewfinder that features top quality coated glass elements to deliver a bright and crisp magnified image of the cameras viewfinder. The actual viewing area with the Aqua View is 100% of the actual DSLR finder. The user-removable design allows for quick and easy removal for storage and transportation. The Aqua View will take your underwater imaging experience to a new level.
Note: Requires lens port
Also Note: Most zoom lenses require a close-up diopter filter to correct focus distance.
- Machined Aluminum Construction
- Machined from a solid block of aluminum
- Camera Functions
- Housing accesses all camera functions
- Enhanced Viewing
- Full frame view of finder including finder information
- Mechanical Controls
- The dependable controls are conveniently placed at fingertip, and kept water tight with double o-ring seal
- Multiple Lens Capability
- An assortment of interchangeable lens ports allows use of most macro, wide angle, and zoom lenses
- Sacrificial Anodes
- Replaceable sacrificial anodes protect the housing from electrolysis
- Standard Nikonos type Bulkheads
- External flash ready using two Nikonos type sync cord connections in manual mode
- The Nikonos bulkhead can be switched from a 2-pin connector for manual strobe control to a 5-pin connector for use with a TTL adapter at the flip of a switch, when used in TTL mode, only one bulkhead is TTL compatible
Aqua View Viewfinder
- Large rear viewing area of 1.5" (38mm)
- Hard anodized aluminum construction for long-lasting performance
- Non-obstructive construction, giving the rear LCD a clear view of menu and playback images