The Fantasea Line Remora Flash was designed for digital cameras. By means of a small light sensor in the strobe body, the strobe unit triggers in sync with the digital camera's internal flash. The included fiber optic cable connects the built-in sensor on the flash to the housing in front of the camera's built-in flash. When the camera's internal flash fires, the light travels up the cable firing the external flash.
The Remora features four different pre-flash settings, to suit a wide variety of digital cameras. Whether your camera has one, two or three pre-flashes to set exposure or none at all, the strobe ensures firing and correct exposure with all camera types.
The power dial is used to manually adjust the light output. This provides accurate manual exposure control and short recycle time. At full power you have a guide number of 20. This allows the strobe to be compatible for both macro and wide angle photography.
Attach the Flash to the included 12" flex arm -- it's easy to do. Now you are ready to shoot great photos underwater and outdoors in extreme environments. The Flash also features a built-in Y-S Mount for attaching a focus light on top of the flash. There is no need for an additional arm. The included XL tray works with all Fantasea housings as well as other digital camera housings.
An external flash, is your most important accessory. The ocean is one big, blue filter. As you descend, the reds and oranges quickly become muted shades of blue and gray. Using a color corrected strobe light will bring back your subject's natural color.
- Adjustable power output (10%-100%)
- 4 pre-flash settings
- Powerful 4.2 W-second flash-tube
- Guide Number: 20 in air (ISO 100-m)
- Uses 4 x AA batteries (alkaline or rechargeable)
- Approx. 240 flashes per set of batteries
- Slave sensor Attachment for fiber optic cable
- Beam angle 80° horizontal
- Y-S Mount for focus light
- Includes everything needed to take flash photos underwater; 12" flex arm, XL tray, fiber optic cable, and carrying case