The Sony MDR-NC6 noise-cancelling stereo headphones feature an active, ambient sound-synthesizing circuit that significantly reduces lower-mid noise by over 10dB at 300Hz. The circuit, powered by a conventional "AAA" battery, may be switched on or off, enabling usage at home as standard stereo headphones.
The comfortable, padded headphone earcups offer a swiveling design, and an in-flight plug adapter is provided for airplane music service listening. The MDR-NC6 represents a versatile listening alternative in a very moderate price range.
- Noise-cancelling stereo headphones with swiveling earcups
- 10dB of lower midrange ambient noise reduction at 300Hz
- 40Hz - 1.5kHz noise reduction range
- Ambient sound is synthesized with anti-sound signal produced by active, AAA battery-powered noise canceling circuit
- Active or passive headphone operation with on/off switch
- Neodymium magnet, 38mm diameter driver unit for higher output and improved dynamic range
- In-flight music service plug adapter for airplane listening