With exceptional digital surround sound and HD video processing, the Samsung DVD-VR375A DVD/VCR Combo Recorder brings your home theater experience to a whole new level without breaking the bank. With one-touch recording, enjoy the ability to record from VHS tapes, DV camcorder, or any external A/V player onto DVD-RAM, DVD-R/W, and DVD+R/W discs with a choice of 8 different recording speeds. High resolution DVD imagery is achieved with progressive scan technology, 10-bit video DAC processing, and the ability to upconvert your DVDs to a 720p, 1080i, and 1080p Full HD experience. It features an HDMI (CEC) output with Anynet+ functionality, DV input, and component video output. The Hi-Fi stereo VCR, which utilizes a 4-head drum, ensures high-quality variable bit-rate VHS recording (2 speeds).
With its 24-bit audio processing and coaxial digital audio output, enjoy the awesome power of Dolby Digital audio decoding for a wider, more enveloping surround sound experience. Though it's a quality DVD player, it can also be used as an MP3 music and JPEG photo player. You could actually use the DVD-VR375A to share your favorite songs and pictures with friends and family at your next gathering. It offers multi-format DVD playback capabilities; compatible with DVD-Video, DVD-RAM, DVD-R/W, DVD-R DL, DVD+R/W, DVD+R DL, CD, and CD-R/W discs.
Moreover, this recorder presents superb functionality with its set-top box pass-through; S-VHS (Quasi) playback, and EZ record and edit functions. With connectivity to virtually any A/V source, 14-hour recording capability (DVD+R DL discs), parental control, multiple subtitle/language, and dynamic picture control, the Samsung DVD-VR375A answers the call with versatility and reliability.
Note: This unit does not have a TV tuner.
- High Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) w/HD Video Upconversion
- This unit is capable of upconverting 1080p HD video signals out through the HDMI output. This advanced digital output enables the player to carry high-definition video information through a single cable.
- Anynet+ (HDMI CEC) Function
- Anynet+ is a function that can be used to operate the system using a Samsung TV remote control, by connecting the unit to a Samsung TV using an HDMI Cable. (This is only available with Samsung TVs that support Anynet+)
- Progressive Scan Technology
- This unit incorporates a progressive scan DVD player, capable of scanning an entire video frame at once; scan-lines commonly associated with interlaced video are drastically reduced. The result is a spectacularly clear image with no motion artifacts (stair-stepping), and details so sharp they seem as if they're etched onto the screen.
- Component Video Output
- It achieves greater color accuracy and high resolution playback capability when connected via the component output to your projector, plasma and/or LCD/CRT televisions.
- Built-In Dolby Digital Decoder
- With a built-in Dolby Digital decoder, it reproduces surround sound fidelity and sonic realism from your favorite movie soundtracks. It's capable of advanced 24-bit processing and an outstanding sampling frequency of 192KHz.
- DV (IEEE) Input
- Just connect your digital video camera to the DVD-VR375A's DV front-panel input terminal, and you're ready to record onto a DVD recordable disc.
- One-Touch Recording
- This unit provides a simple and convenient way to make a recording. Simply connect it to your camcorder, and you're ready to record onto a DVD with the push of one button.
- 10-Bit Video DAC Processing
- The built-in 10-bit video digital-to-analog conversion with 54MHz video processing increases the image's resolution so that it's as close to the original DVD source as possible. You'll experience more life-like pictures and amazing color quality.
- Home Theater Friendly
- Use the coaxial digital audio output to connect the DVD-VR375A to your home theater receiver and enjoy your favorite DVDs in surround sound.
- Set-Top Box Pass-Through
- This recorder offers Set-Top Box Pass-Through technology, which allows for viewing of TV programs from your satellite receiver or cable box even when the unit is powered off.
- Multiple Recording Modes
- It offers 8 recording modes: HQ (1h), HSP (1.5h), SP (2h), LSP (2.5h), ESP (3h), LP (4h), EP (6h), SLP (8h). Also, it has the ability to record up to an amazing 14 hours with a DVD+R DL disc (SLP Mode).
- Multi-Format Capability
- It offers a full-range of playback capabilities for enjoying movies, music and images. It can play back DVD-Video, DVD-RAM, DVD-R/W, DVD-R DL, DVD+R/W, DVD+R DL, CD, CD-R/W, CD-DA, MP3, and JPEG files.
- Convenient Front-Panel Inputs
- With front A/V inputs, you can plug your accessories directly into the unit without having to pull it out of your entertainment center and messing with the rear inputs.
- Parental Lock
- It features parental lock, for parents who want full control of media content played back through player.
- Search and Skip Functions
- During play, you can search quickly through a chapter or track, and use the skip function to jump to the next selection.
- Full-Feature Remote Control
- This unit includes a full-feature remote control capable of executing specific commands such camera angle, fast scan, and on screen display. It's also able to execute every command from any angle up to ±30°.
- Multi-Language System
- This player offers the ability to select language or subtitle preferences.