The Samsung UN46B8000 will bring you hours of viewing pleasure. With a full 1080p HD resolution and a 5,000,000:1 contrast ratio it displays a vivid, crisp image with details in both the light and dark areas on the screen.
It's a pleasure to listen to also. Just two stereo speakers can create an uncanny surround sound illusion thanks to the wizardry of SRS TruSurround HD. TS HD actually seems to create "phantom speakers" that project sound throughout your watching and listening area. And these are just the basics on this set.
Plug in a USB thumb drive (not included) into one of the set's USB ports and view a JPEG picture file slide show while you listen to a soundtrack of MP3 files from the same drive. You can even watch movies in more than a dozen formats (including the popular MPG, AVI and ASF formats.
Imagine playing a console or PC game (there's a PC input) on a 46" screen! In Game Mode dark areas are enhanced, the picture is sharpened all around and the image processing is sped up. With the touch of a button the picture and sound quality are optimized for the special needs of gaming systems.
Then there's Medi@2.0, a collection of features that turn your UN46B8000 from just a great TV into a true 21st Century information appliance using your high speed Internet connection.
With Internet@TV Content Service you can receive content from Yahoo!, Flickr and more via on screen widgets.
DLNA syncs your connectable home electronics and it displays remote content on your TV.
You can enjoy hours of built-in entertainment features with the Preloaded Content Library (Flash) and then personalize it by adding content that's online.You can show digital home movies, photos, PC presentations and more on your TV, using the remote control, thanks to USB 2.0 Movie.
If you've been looking for a TV set that's more than just a TV set, the UN46B8000 just might be the answer
- HD-Grade 1920 (H) x 1080p (V) Pixel Resolution
- High-resolution pixel density is combined with a built-in image scaler to handle inputs from a variety of digital and analog audio/video sources.
- Incredible 5,000,000:1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio
- A contrast ratio this broad means you'll be able to see detail in all parts of the image without "blowing out" the whites because you turned up the brightness to see detail in the dark parts or "crushing" the blacks because you turned down the brightness to see detail in the light parts.
- Auto Motion Plus 240 Hz
- Advanced processing that reduces blur and enhances image detail when viewing fast motion video sequences.
- SRS TruSurround HD
- Most DVDs and Blu-ray discs contain multichannel sound, some encoded with up to seven (6.1) channels. TS HD is the answer if you want to enjoy that sound without an expensive and complex A/V receiver. When receiving multichannel content, TruSurround HD "virtualizes" the channels, creating "phantom" speakers that appear to extend all around you, producing an amazing surround sound effect that has to be heard to be believed.
- Wide Color Enhancer Pro
- Optimizes a given color's hue, resulting in a more natural rendering of colors.
- Picture in Picture
- Enables convenient, simultaneous viewing of TV programs and video or PC content sources.
- Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC)
- Allows you to use the TV's remote control to operate at the push of one button, peripheral AV devices such as a DVD or Blu-ray disc player featuring HDMI-CEC.
- Game Mode
- Enhances dark areas, sharpens the picture, speeds up the image processing response and enhances the sounds of your games. Picture and sound quality are optimized for the special needs of gaming systems at the touch of a button.
- Energy Star Compliant
- Save energy, save money and help save the environment. Energy Star compliance saves you money by reducing energy consumption by up to 25% compared with standard TVs.
- Internet@TV - Content Service: Receive content from Yahoo!, Flickr, and more via on-screen TV widgets.
- DLNA: Sync your connectable home electronics and display remote content on your TV.
- Pre-loaded Content Library (Flash): Enjoy hours of built-in entertainment features, then personalize it by adding content that's available online.
- USB 2.0 Movie: Show digital home movies, photos, PC presentations and more on your TV, using the remote.