The Videolarm PurgeDome Explosion-proof Camera has a 36x optical zoom lens and features a 10x digital zoom. The UL-listed unit is charged with compressed air or inert gas; the pressure within the camera enclosure and integrated power box is monitored and regulated by an attached Filter-Regulator to detect the entry of dangerous fumes or gases, making it suitable for use in hazardous locations such as oil refineries and off-shore oil rigs. The system immediately sends an alarm to the operator when it detects any change in the pressure within the enclosure/ power box.
The IP-ready digital PTZ camera supports MPEG-4 and MJPEG video compression formats at full D1 resolution. With 16 user selectable privacy zones, the camera ensures high-level security for personal and sensitive information.
Image Capture and Quality
- Image Sensor
- 1/4" interline transfer CCD image sensor with a resolution of 470(H) x 400(V) TV lines.
- Lens and Zoom
- Lens with focal length varying from 3.4 to 122.4mm offers 36x optical and 10x digital zoom.
- Minimum illumination required is 0.2 Lux at 1/4s in color mode and 0.02 Lux (1/4s, IR cut filter removed) in black & white mode.
- S/N Ratio
- Signal-to-noise ratio of 50dB ensures good-quality images without any grainy video noise.
- Pan/Tilt Capabilities
- Can continuously pan 360°. The manual pan speed varies from 0.5° to 80°/sec and preset pan/tilt speed is 120°/sec. Additionally, the camera offers +/-0.5 degree positioning.
- Day/Night Function
- IR (infrared) cut filter delivers clear and bright images in daytime. As light availability becomes reduced, a clear filter automatically replaces the IR cut filter to maintain image quality and brightness even in low light and night conditions.
- The unit has an IP66 rating for protection from water and dust, and is also UL-listed and WEEE certified.