The Canon FS200 is an entry level flash memory camcorder for the budget-minded that can capture up to 20 hours of video on a removable 32GB card. Flash memory is a compact media that doesn't rely on moving parts to work; it's also easy to upload to your computer for editing and sharing on the Internet.
The FS200 features a 1/6" CCD image sensor, Canon's DIGIC DV II Image Processor, 41x Advanced Zoom, and a 2.7" LCD display. This camera also captures digital stills and comes with extras like external microphone and headphone jacks.
Soccer moms and dads will appreciate the Pre-record mode, which captures a full 3 seconds of video before you hit the button, ensuring that you won't miss the start of the action.
In addition, the built-in video light, Quick Start mode and Intelligent Li-ion battery all make your recording experience a pleasant one. The FS200 gives you the convenience of flash memory at an affordable price.
- Record to Flash Memory
- Recording to SDHC flash memory cards keeps things simple and frees you up from carrying around bulky media. Store over 20 hours of footage on a 32GB card.
- Image Sensor & DIGIC DV II
- The FS200's 1/6" CCD image sensor works in tandem with Canon's DIGIC DV II Image Processor to reduce image noise and customize the color and tonality of your video and still images.
- 41x Advanced Zoom
- Canon's 41x Advanced Zoom lets you record far off subjects clearly and in focus with almost no loss in image quality.
- 2.7" Widescreen LCD
- The widescreen LCD gives you a generous display on which to compose and playback your shots, not to mention an accurate view of what you're actually recording.
- Digital Photos
- There's no need to carry both a digital camera and camcorder to every event. The FS200 captures digital still photos to SDHC memory cards and includes special functions to make shooting easier, such as scene modes and auto focus.
- Electronic Image Stabilization
- The electronic image stabilizer corrects for inevitable camera shake, not just due to an unsteady hand but also when your subject is moving or you're accidentally bumped.
- Creative Control & Workflow Features
- External microphone and headphone jack
- Built-in video light for capturing video in low light
- Capture video and stills simultaneously with Dual Shot Mode
- Quick Start starts camera up for recording when LCD is opened
- Pre-record: Camera records 3 seconds of video before you press record
- Joystick Control: Operate the basic functions of the camera all in one spot
- Quick Charge powers up camera in 20 minutes for 60 minutes of recording time
- Video Snapshot Mode: Capture a series of 4 second video clips - add music background
- Variable Zoom Speed Control gives you three fixed speeds for fluid transitions
- Intelligent Li-ion Battery powers the camera and displays battery life left on LCD screen
- Level and Grid Markers help you compose better shots by lining up the horizontal lines in your images