The Rolls MB35 is an inexpensive line level audio device that converts consumer level stereo RCA signals to balanced XLR professional line level signals, and vice versa. The unit is useful for video duplication and audio recording studio applications; for example, connecting a consumer VCR to a professional video deck, or an off-the-shelf CD player to a professional mixing console or recorder.
The unit offers front-panel stereo RCA inputs and outputs, along with a 3.5mm input and a USB connector. Rotary volume controls are provided for each channel. The rear panel has an RCA line output, along with XLR input and output connectors.
Additionally, the unit functions as a balanced XLR line level control. By adding a stereo pair of jumper cables between the 4 RCA jacks (connecting ins to outs), the level controls may be inserted into any balanced XLR line.
- Bidirectional line level audio signal converter and stereo direct box converts from consumer to professional and professional to consumer levels
- Allows for connection of consumer level products such as camcorders, CD and cassette players to professional level recorders, mixing consoles and signal processors
- Standard stereo XLR and RCA inputs and outputs with dedicated stereo level control knobs
- Double duty functionality as balanced inline level control, achieved by patching RCA inputs and outputs together
- Additional 3.5mm and USB input connectors 1