The Pentax 8x36 DCF NV binocular borrows many cues from the flagship DCF ED lineup, with a similar focusing dial and eyecup design, and does so with more approachable pricing.
The body's waterproof and fogproof, and made from a fiber-reinforced polycarbonate. Even at the top of the lines, manufacturers are moving towards fiber-reinforced body designs because they've quickly proved durable, able to retain their optical alignment, but significantly lighter than a metal alloy chassis.
The 8x36 DCF NV gives a combination of phase-corrected roof prisms, fully multicoated optics, and a modern waterproof housing with most of the brightness and viewing comfort of the larger and more costly designs. As the 8x model of the 36mm DCF NV series, it offers a wider viewing field and an easier time of hand holding than its 10x36 sibling-if you're planning on viewing from water it is the only choice.
- Strong, light fiber-reinforced polycarbonate body
- Full multicoatings on all 10 air-to-glass element surfaces
- Phase-corrected BaK-4 roof prisms
- Helicoid-type eyecups with 4 intermediary positions suit most any user
- ±3 Dioptric correction
- 59-74mm Interpupillary distance adjustment range
- Pentax "Worry Free" Warranty repairs/replaces damaged binocular to original purchaser for $19.95