JVC's Everio G GZ-MG680 Hard Disk Camera is a compact and lightweight machine for recording all your family memories. Capture over 28 hours of the highest quality video to the 120GB HDD; extra footage can be stored to optional microSD/SDHC memory cards. Even though the MG680 records in standard definition the video can be up-converted to 1920 x 1080/60P for viewing on your HDTV, using the HDMI output.
The camera also features a KONICA MINOLTA lens with 40x Dynamic Zoom as well as the HD Gigabrid Premium Engine that works together with the 1/6" CCD image sensor. Covering the rest of the camcorder's basics we have the 2.7" LCD with Laser Touch Operation and digital still image capture.
For those who are YouTube crazed, the One-Touch Upload to YouTube will be right up your alley. Other One-Touch features include: One-Touch Export to iTunes, DVD creation, and Direct HD Playback with the optional SHARE STATION.
- Up-Convert to 1920 x 1080/60P
- Using the camera's HDMI output, you can up-convert your already shot video footage to 1920 x 1080/60P high definition for high quality playback on your HDTV.
- Record to HDD or Memory Card
- Over 28 hours of video, in the highest setting, can be recorded to the 120GB hard disk drive in the MG680. Overflow footage and stills can be stored to optional microSD/SDHC memory cards.
- 1/6" CCD Image Sensor
- The GZ-MG680 has a 1/6" CCD image sensor for capturing standard definition video and still images. JVC's HD Gigabrid Premium Engine works together with the sensor for improved image quality, while saving.
- KONICA MINOLTA Lens
- The KONICA MINOLTA lens features 40x Dynamic Zoom, in addition to the lens' 35x optical zoom. Both of these optical zoom settings bring far off subjects up-close without a loss in image quality.
- 2.7" Widescreen Clear LCD
- The LCD on the GZ-MG680 provides a 16:9 display on which to compose and playback video and stills. JVC's new Laser Touch Operation system lets you navigate the camera's basic controls and menu selections on the side and bottom of the screen.
- Still Image Capture
- The GZ-MG680 doubles as a digital still camera. Just switch to the image mode on the camera and you're ready to record up to 832 x 624 still images to the HDD or microSD card.
- Creative Control and Workflow Features
- Auto LCD backlight control
- One-Touch Export to iTunes
- One-Touch Upload to YouTube
- Color mode select: vivid or natural
- Direct Backup: One-Touch backup to PC
- Direct HD Playback with optional SHARE STATION
- Auto exposure bracketing and histogram display
- Auto Illumi Light for recording in low light settings
- Digest Playback: 5 minute montage of 60 minutes of video
- Direct DVD: One-Touch DVD creation with optional SHARE STATION
- Quick Restart: shooting in about 1 second when LCD is re-opened
- Data Battery: check battery life by % and recording time in minutes
- Auto LCD backlight control