Made to the absolute highest standard and fully intending to compete directly with the costliest European brands, the Vortex Optics Razor HD Spotting Scope delivers the pinnacle of sport optic performance available today. Vortex as a company is truly dedicated to the passions of the birdwatcher, hunter, and nature conservationist-which can make you feel even better about your selection.
The Razor HD starts off with an apochromatic triplet objective lens system, which aims to precisely align its renderings of all colors exactly within a single point. Employing extra-low dispersion glass within the objective, the apochromatic performance advantage is especially notable when you're sighting darker subjects cast in front of washed-out, bright backgrounds. This scenario occurs all the time when birdwatching and observing wildlife. Edges are crisp, and highlights well controlled.
Beyond optical brilliance, the Razor HD's functionality is beyond reproach. The included zoom eyepiece yields 20-60x magnification with an impressive apparent field of view at higher powers. Dual-ratio focusing, favored on many of the best, gets you roughly where you want in a jiffy and allows especially-refined fine tuning capacity. The body's magnesium alloy construction, ArmorTek water and oil repelling coatings, and argon purging keep it fully operational in all conditions for years to come.
The Razor HD makes for a great digiscoping base, and is backed by a direct, unconditional warranty: if it breaks or if you break it, they'll fix it, and if you should sell your scope secondhand they'll do the same for the new owner. There is no time limit on this promise.
- Apochromatic triplet refractor optical design with costly XD (Xtra-low Dispersion) glass objective lens elements particularly enhances edge resolution and alignment/fidelity of colors
- Vortex's XR coatings enhance light transmission across the entire visible spectrum
- "ArmorTek" external oil and water repellent coatings upon eyepiece and objective
- Argon gas purging for superior weather imperviousness, lifespan, and resistance to internal fogging
- Dual-ratio coarse and fine focusing system for combined speed and control advantages
- Rotating tripod collar with detented click stops
- Retractable lenshood
- Extreme temperature operating range
- Optional dedicated digiscoping adapter & 30x wide angle viewer
- Balance point under prism enhances stability when used upon tables, beanbags, etc.