Vortex is dedicated to the development and production of unique optics with features that allow you to see the world more clearly.
The Vortex 4-12x40 AO Diamondback is built to endure, perform, and excel. Its one-piece center-tube design is carefully constructed from 6061-T6 aluminum, and fitted with a precision adjustment system that allows for a generous amount of correction. The optical system is fully multicoated, and the entire assembly is then purged with argon gas for flawless all-weather performance.
Long-range target acquisition can be difficult, and having 4-12x magnification on tap will help get the job done in most cases. Twilight hunters will appreciate the highly efficient 40mm objective when the sun gets close to the horizon.
This Diamondback AO scope is configured with a 1.0" tube, an adjustable objective, 1/4 MOA adjustments with 66 MOA of travel, low-profile turrets, a V-Plex reticle, and a matte black finish.
A mounting base and rings are used to attach a riflescope to a firearm. A comfortable sight picture is contingent upon the height of the rings. A comfortable cheek-weld is the result of properly positioning the scope over the receiver. Mounting the scope close to the receiver is preferable, yet scopes with larger objectives need higher rings so the front bell can clear the barrel. It should be noted that in many mounting applications, a professional gunsmith's skills will be needed for proper installation.
- 1.0" One-piece aluminum main tube construction
- Focusing objective lens corrects parallax error from 10 yd to infinity
- 1/4 MOA W&E correction with 66 MOA of adjustment
- Fast focus eyepiece for rapid target acquisition
- Multi-layer XR coatings deliver edge-to-edge clarity
- Unity-pressure argon purging protects against the elements at any elevation
- Precision-Glide erector system provides exceptional resistance to stress cracking, temperature change, corrosion, and friction-induced wear.
- V-Plex Reticle in the Second Focal Plane
The V-Plex reticle features 4 long thin posts for positive sight acquisition against dark backgrounds. Fine cross hairs intersect to indicate your exact point of aim. The narrow gate keeps your eye centered.
Second focal plane (non-magnifying) placement of the reticle maintains its size throughout the magnification range.