This Aquatica Underwater Housing with Manual Ikelite Bulkhead for the Canon 5D Mark II is machined from a solid block of aluminum that is anodized, coated with polyurethane powder paint, and then clear coated. The housing operates safely to a depth of 300' (90 m).
The lens port has a positive mounting and locking mechanism, which leaves no doubt that your port is securely in place and watertight. The bayonet system offers fast access to lenses for rapid changing, and there is a lens release button on the front of the housing to facilitate easy lens changes. The housing allows use of lenses ranging from Fisheye to the 200mm Macro.
The Single Ikelite bulkhead allows use of a single strobe connected to an Ikelite sync cord. You can also use dual strobes, using an Ikelite dual sync cord. Strobe exposure with this bulkhead is manual only.
The Aquatica 5D Mark II housing uses a viewfinder that delivers a big and bright image and full frame viewing to your eye. LCD information in the camera's viewfinder is easily referenced while shooting, and chromatic aberrations have been significantly reduced for sharp focusing and exact composition.
Note: Requires Lens port
Also Note: Most zoom lenses require a close-up diopter filter to correct focus distance.
- Machined Aluminum Construction
- Machined from a solid block of aluminum
- The 5D Mk II housing features easy access to the cameras HD video function controls while retaining its ease of operation for still imaging
- Equipped with a hydrophone to take full advantage of the Canon 5D Mk II potential
- Menus buttons have been angled 20° and extended when needed for better ergonomics, knobs are now grooved and knurled for optimum operation when wearing thick gloves
- Mechanical Controls
- Fingertip access to all camera menu and video controls includes On-Off, Live View mode, Record On/Off, Exposure Mode, bracketing, Meter positioning and focus control, AF-ON activation and Star button access as well as AF preferences. Access to all menu features includes review, enlarge and delete, histogram and internal SLR preferences
- Enhanced Viewing
- Full frame view of finder including finder information
- Additional Bulkheads
- Two additional bulkhead holes are supplied for potential access to other camera functions
- Ikelite Bulkheads
- The Single Ikelite bulkhead allows use of a single strobe connected to an Ikelite sync cord, or dual strobes, using an Ikelite dual sync cord. Strobe exposure with this bulkhead is manual only.
- Sacrificial Anodes
- Replaceable sacrificial anodes protect the housing from electrolysis