The following is provided by the manufacturer.
- 12 Mega Pixel CCD Sensor
- With 12.0 megapixels, a high-performance imaging engine, and the high quality PENTAX Megazoom lens, the X70 delivers super clear, high quality images in any shooting mode. Images at 12.0 megapixels are also suitable for printing at most large print sizes including 8x10, 11x17 and even larger poster size prints.
- 2.7" LCD
- The PENTAX X70 features a large, bright 2.7 inch color LCD monitor with approximately 230,000 dots of resolution. An Anti-Reflection coating helps minimize glare from sunlight for more effective outdoor viewing. Also, the X70 comes with an electronic viewfinder for easy image composition and review in the brightest lighting conditions. You can also access the camera's menus and other functions via the electronic viewfinder, so you will always be able to change settings no matter how bright it is outdoors.
- 24x Optical Megazoom Lens
- Within a compact, lightweight body, the X70 features a high magnification optical 24X zoom lens offering a focal-length coverage between a wide-angle 26mm to a super telephoto 624mm (in the 35mm format). This is ideal for wide-angle scenic shots or group photos, as well as getting closer to the action at a sporting event. Coupled with the Intelligent Zoom function, the X70 zoom range may be extended to approximately 150 times (for a focal length of an astonishing approximately 3900mm in the 35mm format) without compromising the optical performance of the zoom lens.
- High-speed Continuous Shooting 11fps
- The X70 lets the photographer capture the subject continuously at a maximum speed of approximately 11 images per second and up to 21 images in succession. Coupled with the Auto-Tracking AF mode that keeps a fast-moving subject in focus all the time, the X70 is sure to capture that once in a lifetime, decisive moment in sharp focus. The X70 is perfect for shooting sports action and active children and pets.
- Triple Shake Reduction Technology
The X70 boasts three Shake Reduction technologies to reduce camera shake and blurring of the subject: Mechanical Shake Reduction via a CCD shift mechanism, Digital Shake Reduction via high ISO, and Movie Shake Reduction for blur-free video capture.
By accurately detecting the amount of camera shake using a high-performance gyro sensor and shifting the CCD image sensor vertically and horizontally at high speed, the X70 offers an outstanding camera-shake compensation effect, equivalent to approximately three shutter steps. Coupled with high ISO capablity, and Movie Shake Reduction, the X70 assures sharply focused, blur-free images even under demanding photographic conditions such as when shooting at full telephoto or when shooting a sunset or indoor scenes with very low light.
- HD Video Recording
- The X70 captures high quality movie clips, equivalent in image quality to that of HDTV at 15 frames per second. The X70 can also record video at 848x480, VGA and QVGA resolutions at 30 frames per second, for full video capture flexibility. As a result, the photographer enjoys high-quality, blur-free movie shooting with minimal effort.