The Sony HVR-1500 is an HDV digital videocassette recorder designed specifically for studios and professional editing workstations. Built to be used in concert with both HDCAM and XDCAM HD; the HVR-1500 acts as a bridge between HDV and Sony's line of professional high-definition formats.
Full integration is accomplished by the use of both analog and digital outputs, including serial digital interface (SDI.) This full-featured VTR provides maximum functionality, covering all facets of HD production.
- HD-SDI with Optional Inputs
- The HVR-1500 has a high-definition serial digital interface (HD-SDI), allowing transmission of HDV footage to both HDCAM and XDCAM HD VTRs. This can be very useful for high-end studios that predominantly work with broadcast and cinema-quality HD but also use HDV for fieldwork or b-rolls. Additionally, the optional HVBK-1505 analog board can be installed for even more inputs.
- Compact Design
- The deck can be fist into very small areas, making it ideal for OB/Van use. The unit takes up of 1/2 of any standard 19" racking system, making it easy to mount two side-by-side, taking up 3RU.
- Multi-Regional Capability
- The HVR-1500 can be record to 3 formats, as well as being able to playback DVCRPO 25. Both NTSC 60i and PAL 50i are compatible with the deck making it highly versatile. Wherever the footage is coming from or needs to go, this deck makes sure you're in the game.