The Sea & Sea DX-2G Underwater Digital Camera is actually a kit that includes a Sea & Sea housing that is rated to a depth of 180' (55 m), along with the Sea & Sea DX-2G camera. Since this camera has a shutter lag time of only 0.1 sec, it is well suited for underwater use. Of course, the camera is also ideal for snorkeling, surfing, skiing, fishing, sailing, or even certain industrial situations.
The camera features a large 2.7" TFT liquid crystal monitor. This makes framing underwater easy and fun. Since the camera has manual as well as program exposure modes you have complete control of balancing the available light to strobe light. The large buffer allows you to shoot 5 consecutive images with a 3 sec write time in raw mode. These features along with exceptional macro capability of a 1/2", makes the DX-2G functionality and performance close to an SLR without the bulk, hassle and weight.
The Sea & Sea DX-2G housing allows access to all camera functions underwater. The camera is part of a system that includes strobes as well as a wide-angle conversion lens. This will nurture your creativity and allow expansion of your underwater photography skills.
- All functions of the DX-2G camera are available underwater
- Wide-angle conversion lens can be directly attached to the housing with a specially designed bayonet mount
- Dual fiber-optic cable connector sockets
- Strong yet compact housing that's rated to a depth of 180' (55 m)
- Comes with an LCD monitor hood to improve LCD visibility
- With the enlarge buffer you can capture 5 consecutive images with a 3 sec write time in RAW mode
- 12.1 million effective pixels in a 1/1.7" primary color CCD
- The large 2.7" monitor has 460,000 pixels and has a wide-angle of view (160° in every direction)
- 1/2" (1cm) close-up photography possible without an accessory lens
- 24-72mm optical zoom
- Sea & Sea white balance mode provides color correction when shooting available light
- Built-in electronic level allows you to verify that the camera is level for landscape photography