The Kowa 10x33 Genesis XD33 Binocular is their peak performance midsized roof prism unit, engineered for supreme excellence in viewing quality, handling, and durability. This binocular's an optical luxury, worth its costs as it easily holds its ground versus other models of costly, flagship sport optics.
The 10x33 binocular employs Kowa's own Prominar XD glass, which aims to minimize or eliminate chromatic aberration. This extra-low dispersion glass was developed for Kowa's incredible TSN-77*/88* line of spotting scopes, and such use in a binocular is extremely rare to say the least. Kowa uses a costly Schmidt-Pechan roof prism, which is phase coated and treated with their proprietary C3 coating technology, which allows higher transmissivity and reflectivity than any aluminum, mirror, or silver-based prism backing system.
The Genesis XD33 features a light, extremely rugged magnesium frame that's the foundation of its waterproof and fogproof body. The metal-based, rubber-wrapped focusing dial is beautifully precise, doing speedy work in reaching its impressive shortest distance of just 5'. Genesis XD33 makes for a great tool for butterfly observation. The rubber armored contours fall perfectly to hand, with an upper bridge that fits your fingertips as comfy as you please.
This 10x33 6.8° binocular provides a relatively wide view coupled with extended depth of field and higher magnification in a medium size. It is intended for those with the skill to make the best use of the 3.3mm exit pupil and high 10x magnification, and as such is a lovely choice for an experienced field guide or birder preferring compactness to absolute light gathering.
- Extremely high quality phase coated Schmidt-Pechan roof prisms
- Apochromatic triplet optical formula featuring two of Kowa's Prominar XD elements
- Kowa's C3 coating provides superior reflectivity (versus silver, aluminum, or mirror-backed solutions) and color transmission
- Magnesium body with cushioned, discreetly-colored rubber armoring
- Curved, dimpled upper bridge
- Locking right side dioptric adjustment ring
- Twist-up eyecups convenient for eyeglass wearers & non-eyeglass wearers alike
- Excellent minimum focus distance