The Lumix DMC-TS1 Digital Camera from Panasonic is an ultracompact point and shoot camera, which easily fits into a shirt pocket or purse. The slim camera features an impressive Leica wide-angle zoom lens, perfect for capturing group shots when zoomed out or individual portraiture when zoomed all the way in.
Featuring an impressive waterproof, shockproof, and dustproof design, this pocket shooter can be used in less-than-ideal environments, or for a day on a sandy beach. You can even take it with you in the water, as it is rated to depths of up to 9.84' (3 m). Clumsy users will appreciate its durability: the camera has passed drop tests from heights of 4.92' (1.5 m).
The innovative Intelligent Auto (iA) helps you to take clearer, sharper photographs. This mode includes a Face Recognition function, which can "remember" registered faces. The camera will help to optimize focus and exposure so that the owners of these registered faces will be bright and in focus in photos.
Shaky hands in less-than-ideal lighting conditions can often ruin a photograph. The Lumix features Panasonic's MEGA O.I.S system to help prevent this. This system uses optical stabilization to help counteract shaking, coupled with an intelligent ISO control that automatically adjusts the camera's sensitivity to light in order to achieve a faster shutter speed.
- Leica DC VARIO-ELMAR lens features a 28-128mm field of view, with a maximum aperture of f/3.3 at the wide end
- Rugged camera is waterproof, dustproof, and shockproof
- The camera features a high-resolution 12.1 megapixel sensor, allowing you to create large prints of your favorite photographs
- Record video in 720p HD resolution using the AVCHD Lite codec, which can be edited and burned using the included PHOTOfunSTUDIO v3.0 HD Edition software for Windows
- Takes photos in 4:3 (TV), 3:2 (4x6 print), and 16:9 (Widescreen HDTV) aspect ratios
- iA mode features Face Detection with Face Recognition, Mega O.I.S., Intelligent ISO Control, Intelligent Scene Selector, and Intelligent Exposure
- MEGA O.I.S. features a shifting lens element that helps to compensate for the shaking of your hand, helping to reduce camera blur for clearer pictures
- The 2.7" LCD display features a wide viewing angle and adjustable backlight, ensuring that you can compose images and review photos clearly, even on bright days
- Panorama Assist mode helps you to take a series of images for stitching with the included ArcSoft Panorama Maker software for Windows
- Venus Engine HD features dual CPUs which power the camera's intelligent features