With exquisite HD surround sound reproduction and HD 1080p Deep Color processing, the Yamaha HTR-6240 5.1-Channel Digital Home Theater Receiver will blow you away with 525W of power. In the convenience of your own home, you can finally watch your favorite movies come alive with (4) HDMI inputs with 1080p/24Hz x.v.Color HD pass-through technology, (2) component video inputs, and optical/coaxial digital audio inputs. It features connectivity to your iPod and Bluetooth (A2DP) audio devices with optional docking stations. Yamaha uses advanced Cinema DSP digital technology with Burr Brown 192KHz/24-bit DAC processing to create independent sound fields that fill the room with a surreal surround sound experience.
Moreover, the HTR-6240 presents superb HD audio functionality that will be hard to match at this price point. It features built-in Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS-HD Master Audio and DTS-HD High Resolution Audio decoders. Exclusives like Silent Cinema, YPAO Sound Optimization, and Compressed Music Enhancer offer the cleanest signal on the market.
With (4) Advanced SCENE buttons, HDMI CEC control, AM/FM tuner, rear surround pre-amp outputs, front-panel mini-jack input, and connectivity to virtually any A/V source you can imagine, your entertainment choices are endless with Yamaha's HTR-6240.
- HDMI x4 1080p/24Hz Deep Color Inputs
If you're looking to pump high-definition DVD playback into your HD displays or projectors, this unit fits the bill. It utilizes a high-bandwidth processor capable of transferring 720p, 1080i, and 1080p/24Hz x.v.Color HD and Deep Color video signals through the HDMI output. HDMI supports standard, enhanced, or high-definition video, plus multi-channel digital audio on a single cable.
The HTR-6240 is compatible with the following video signals: 480i/60Hz, 576i/50Hz, 480p/60Hz, 576p/50Hz, 720p/60Hz/50Hz, 1080i/60Hz/50Hz, and 1080p/60Hz/50Hz/24Hz.
- Exceptional Digital Audio Decoding
It uses specific Dolby Digital/DTS codecs and Cinema DSP Digital to reproduce an enveloping surround-sound experience. The unit decodes Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital EX, Dolby Pro Logic II, Dolby Pro Logic IIx, DTS, DTS 96/24, DTS-ES Discrete/Matrix 6.1, and DTS Neo:6. It also decodes the following HD audio formats: Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus, and DTS-HD Master Audio.
The dynamic range of this receiver is so well balanced and matched that the center, front and rear channels blend seamlessly.
- DTS-HD Master Audio and High-Resolution Audio
- This powerful receiver is Blu-ray audio compliant; it offers both DTS-HD Master Audio and High-Resolution technologies. DTS-HD Master Audio supports bitrates up to 24.5Mbps, 7.1 discrete channels of 96KHz/24-bit audio, and is ideal for HDMI version 1.3 cables. This technology reproduces true-to-life audio the way the director intended. DTS-HD High-Resolution Audio also offers 7.1 discrete channels of 96KHz/24-bit audio, but only supports bitrates up to 6Mbps.
- iPod and Bluetooth Audio Compatible
- Through Yamaha's Universal iPod Dock option (YDS-11), your iPod effectively becomes another Yamaha component flowing through the HTR-6240. Its front-panel on-screen display illuminates iPod music titles in both English and Western European languages. Also, it's compatible with Bluetooth audio devices when used with an optional (YBA-10) dock.
- Advanced Cinema DSP Processing
- Cinema DSP offers digital surround sound without using surround speakers, which comes in handy in custom installations where your room does not have surround-sound speakers. This receiver offers up to 17 Cinema DSP programs. With dialogue, music and effects that are situated within Cinema DSP's separate sound fields you will hear sound with smooth movement, exceptional tonal clarity and richness.
- Burr-Brown 24-bit Audio Processing
- Yamaha's Burr-Brown 196KHz/24-bit digital-to-analog converter is the backbone to the receiver's exceptional multi-channel audio conversion. By executing an accurate sound-field reproduction and reducing analog noise in the signal path, it's capable of reproducing an enveloping audio signal that is unsurpassed.
- YPAO Automatic System Calibration
- It features a built-in metering system called YPAO. This advanced processing technology uses a small optimizer microphone (included) to analyze room acoustics for the proper balance of your surround sound speakers.
- Compressed Music Enhancer
- With the Compressed Music Enhancer, highs and especially lows are richer and smoother, bringing music back to life to be as close to the original as possible.
- Silent Cinema
- The HTR-6240 features Silent Cinema audio processing, which enables you to engage the full surround-sound experience through a pair of headsets.
- Advanced SCENE Buttons
- Four SCENE buttons make operating the receiver easier than ever. They are initially set to default settings for Blu-ray/DVD Viewing, Disc Listening, TV Viewing and Radio Listening. Pressing a SCENE button automatically launches a number of operations that initiate play of the source controlled by that button.
- High-Performance Inputs
- With playback specifications that meet the standards of professionals, it features (2) component video inputs for high-resolution low-distortion video playback, and (2) coaxial/optical digital audio inputs for high quality audio reproduction.
- Front-Panel Mini Input for Portables
- It offers a front-panel mini jack input, for accessible connectivity for your iPod, MP3 or other portable audio devices.
- Built-In AM/FM Tuner
- Enjoy your favorite radio broadcasts with surround sound processing, with the built-in AM/FM wide-band tuner.
- Full-Feature Remote Control
- Included is a full-feature remote control, capable of executing every command on the HTR-6240; in addition, it offers it easily accessible SCENE buttons and iPod control.