The Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W220 Digital Camera is a full-featured, pocket-sized camera built around an incredible 12.1 megapixel image sensor, a precision 4x Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar Zoom Lens, and an easy to use suite of in-camera optimization and editing tools. From family gatherings at home to a night on the town with friends, the W220 produces consistently beautiful photographs with rich color and stunning detail.
Frame all of your memories with the bright, wide-view 2.7" LCD. High ISO shooting (up to ISO 3200) combined with Sony's acclaimed Super SteadyShot Optical image stabilizer compensates for hand shake and produces stellar photos--even in low-light. The newly optimized Smile Shutter Mode automatically captures an image when your subject smiles--without the need to press the shutter button. You can adjust Smile Shutter sensitivity and even prioritize your subjects in a group photo using the intuitive menu system.
The Cyber-shot DSC-W220 also includes Sony's D-Range Optimizer to retrieve picture detail in photos with harsh highlights or dark shadows. Advanced Scene Recognition carefully matches your shooting scenario with one of five pre-programmed settings. All of these technologies combine to bring you the very best in imaging quality in a compact, easy to use package.
- Advanced Scene Recognition
- Concentrate on your subjects--let the camera handle the pictures. Sony's Advanced Scene Recognition feature analyzes your shooting situation and automatically optimizes your photo with one of five programmed scene modes. Great pictures are as easy as point and shoot!
- Smile Shutter Technology
- Simply select the Smile Shutter option from the camera menu. The W220 automatically detects a smiling subject and takes a picture at the peak of the smile. It's easy to adjust the Smile Sensitivity Detection and even select an individual subject. Never miss a photo of a smiling friend or family member again.
- Advanced Face Detection
- Using Advanced Face Detection Technology, the Cyber-shot W220 can easily identify up to eight individual faces. Camera settings such as exposure, focus, and white balance are automatically optimized for brilliant portraits with natural skin tones and exceptional quality.
- In-Camera Photo Editing
- With 10 in-camera retouching tools at your disposal, you can give all of your photos a professional look without using a computer. Tools include: Trimming, Red Eye Correction, Unsharp Masking, Soft Focus Filter, Partial Color, Fisheye Lens, Cross Filter, Radial Blur, Retro, and Happy Face.
- Image Stabilization and High ISO Sensitivity
- By combining Optical SteadyShot image stabilization and High ISO sensitivity (up to 3200), the W220 performs exceptionally well in any low-light situation. From evening landscapes to dark restaurants, the W220 adjusts for brightness, compensates for hand shake, and preserves the intimacy of the moment.
- Easy Organization
- Now you can manage your camera's photo library without a computer. Sony's built-in Image Management software allows you to intuitively sort your images by event, calendar date, and favorites.