Over 400 million dollars worth of school supplies and equipment are stolen each year each year from U.S. institutions. Video projectors which have become smaller, lighter and ever more sophisticated, have a high street value once "liberated" from their rightful owners, easily finding a new home in entertainment and gaming applications.
The HardSteal AV Cage (rev.2) is designed to be the ultimate countermeasure against such losses. Fabricated from 12 gauge (instead of the usual 18-22) cold-rolled steel, the construction incorporates features born of comprehensive threat-assessment backed with extensive user conveniences. Simply put, security features don't get in the way of smooth, easy operation.
The included ball and collar mounts the AV cage to a standard 1.5" NPT drop-down pipe. Proprietary tri-groove fasteners are used throughout and are not accessible once the projector is locked within the mount. The ball offers15 degree tilting in any direction while allowing 180 possible mounting combinations on the free-venting, perforated top plates. This effectively adds lens-offset options to an already impressive list of features.
The AV Cage accommodates projectors measuring 3-7.5" in height, 6-15.5" in width and 6-19.5" in length, via components which are independently adjustable in 1/2 inch stops. Optional extension kits expand those dimensions to 10.75" in height, 18.5" in width and 25.5" in length, future-proofing your AV Cage against new or unusual footprint projector purchases.
Full-wrap wings and a 70mm disc lock (optional) provide one-key access, making projector maintenance possible within seconds. The AV Cage features an attractive, durable powder-coat finish.
- 12 gauge cold-rolled steel construction (instead of the usual 18-22) thwarts brute force and attempts to cut the mount
- Ball + Collar mounts to standard ceiling mounting hardware (1.5" NPT drop pipe) and provides 15° tilt in any direction
- Full Wrap Wings with a movable lock tab encircle the cage, providing one key access to the projector via the (optional) 70mm disc lock
- Multiple mounting positions on the ventilated top plates provide lens offset correction
- Adjusts to accommodate most projectors up to 7.5" in height, 15.5" in width and 19.5" in length. Height, width or length Extension Kits are available for larger or unusual footprint models
- Proprietary tri-groove fasteners are inaccessible once the projector is locked within the AV Cage
- Optional Lock Upgrades are available to provide scalable levels of additional security & management