Vixen's 8x56 DCF Atrek Binocular presents a distinctly different viewing experience than popular fully multicoated 8x42 binoculars. Because of the 7mm exit pupil and enormous, oversized objective lenses, the view within remains bright all the way through twilight-approaching being able to be used under starlight. You could make use of the 8x56 Atrek under a half-illuminated moon, perhaps to witness an owl capture an unsuspecting prey.
But the 8x56's much beyond a low light capacity one trick pony; the Atrek's background blurring capacity is simply phenomenal, which is practical in all sorts of light. Whenever observing with a thick, distracting background, the 8x56 Atrek allows a subject to "pop" out with presence. It also has great close focusing capacity, especially for a 'big gun', and when used for astronomy will show many, many more stars than a 42mm or even 50mm unit.
- Vixen's fully multicoatings applied to all optical surfaces
- Waterproof/nitrogen-purged 100% fogproof performance
- Metallic alloy construction
- Durable rubber armor
- Twist-up style rubber eyecups with plentiful eye relief
- An excellent twilight binocular which is also good for astronomy
- Exceptional close focusing capacity