The Vixen Universal Digiscoping Adapter places your various point-&-shoot digital cameras close to the eyepiece of your spotting scope or telescope, so that you can capture high resolution images free from vignetting directly through your scope. It has a non-marring clamp for affixing to any eyepiece with a 36-61mm outer diameter.
Unlike many of these devices, the Vixen Digiscoping Adapter quickly allows the camera to swing away for observation purposes, then returns right to the ideal point for imaging as soon as you need it.
Aligning camera and eyepiece is easier when the eyepiece has a broad, flat rear element that presents a wide target for the camera's vision to fit within. And longer eye relief upon the eyepiece facilitates placing the digital camera further behind it so that you can use more of the camera's zoom function to magnify portions of the scope's view.
Nearly any digital point and shoot camera will work with the bracket. See the features for some particulars about weight and dimensions to make sure your camera fits.
As with all ventures in the world of digiscoping, you'll need to employ good technique and good equipment to get good pictures-which means a sturdy tripod, a sensibly-high shutter speed, and as much care as is possible to prohibit camera movements. This should always include the use of the camera's electronic shutter release cable or remote control if the camera has such capacity. When using cameras without remote release or remote control, Vixen's #39191 cable release bracket is available optionally to allow firing the camera without actually touching it.
- Adjusts to ideally place any digital point & shoot camera behind the eyepiece
- Quickly swings away to exchange between observing and imaging
- Secondary screw can allow use of a small finderscope
- Distance from center of lens to bottom of camera must be 16-53mm
- Distance from camera's 1/4"-20 socket to tip of lens must be 18-71mm
- Horizontal distance from camera's 1/4"-20 socket to center of lens must be <53mm
- Not recommended for cameras weighing more than 300g (10.5 ounces)